Apollo GraphQL (201-500 Employees, 356% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As the first product data analyst at Apollo, you will work closely with amazing Product & Data Engineering teams to lead us in building the right things at the right time for the right use-cases. With your impact, we will help app developers help the world.
Our GraphQL developer tooling is downloaded more than 17M times per month and used in production by over 30% of the Fortune 500 as well as at companies such as Netflix, Walmart, Expedia, Peloton, DoorDash, The New York Times, and Zillow.
GraphQL is transforming the software development space, helping engineering teams ship faster and build richer experiences than ever before. Gartner estimates that by 2025, 50% of companies will be using GraphQL and we're the clear market leader in this emerging, billion-dollar market.
Culture is important at Apollo and we welcome newcomers to the developer tools space! As a remote-first, global company, we aim to empower our diverse employees to do their best work. We believe in balancing long-term and short-term goals and value asynchronous, remote-first processes. We care to find co-workers who deeply value curiosity and growth.
With a recent major investment round of $130MM, Apollo is growing very quickly. This new role is part of a wave of teams being built in our Product, Engineering, and Design organization. Come join our team to make an impact on the software teams at thousands of the world’s most innovative companies.
What you'll do
- Lead all things data analysis for a quick-growing Product team by improving the pace and quality of our decision-making.
- Work closely with Data Engineering and other Analysts across the organization to build a healthy data organization, adopting modern data practices
- Within 30 days, build out foundational product metrics (e.g., definition and forecasting)
- Within 45 days, established dashboards that track key stages in key user journeys, allowing us to identify hot spots and measure/observe our improvements over time.
- Within 60 days, become known for not creating just graphs but also narratives to tell compelling, persuasive stories to executives and peers
- Within 90 days, start enabling deeply cross-functional modeling processes such as Product-Qualified Lead definitions or Lead Scoring
- Within 120 days, become an invaluable resource for Product, Engineering, and Design – especially during planning and scoping as well as historic review
Who you are
- You are eager to work at a fast-growing startup and play a key role in the creation of a new category
- You understand SaaS and/or have prior, fast-growth start-up experience. Note: It’s perfectly okay if you have zero background in developer tooling or APIs but you should feel comfortable with learning more about the industry
- When you find something interesting in customer behavior, you don’t stop at a dashboard or report; you are excited to work with a User Researcher to learn about how to connect the quantitative with the qualitative.
- You enjoy working in SQL and scripting in a notebook environment
- You have comfort and experience in practical A/B testing and the basic statistical underpinnings of experimentation. You’ve worked with event data before. You are motivated to think about correlations, classifications, regressions, and validity testing.
- You have previously used data visualization tools (e.g., Chartio, Superset, Looker, Amplitude) and perhaps handled some of the tooling configuration/setup/training.
- You feel comfortable in your abilities to ramp up on the intersection of Data and Engineering (e.g., git, Snowflake, Airflow, and DBT) such that you can use them in a collaborative setting
This position can be done anywhere within US and Canada time zones.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway!
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.