MoonPay (51-200 Employees, 1000% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
MoonPay builds payments infrastructure for cryptocurrencies. Our on- and off-ramp suite of products provides a seamless experience for converting between fiat and crypto using all major payment methods in over 160 countries. Our mission is to make cryptocurrencies accessible to over a billion people by 2030!
We are trusted by 250+ leading wallets, websites, and applications. Some of the biggest crypto brands in the world, including Bitcoin.com, Dapper Labs, OpenSea, Argent, ZenGo, Trust Wallet and Spot, rely on our technology. Through these partnerships alone, our products are used by over 5 million users worldwide.
One of the great things about working at MoonPay is that we are remote first. Our global team spans 25+ countries, and we pride ourselves on having a connected and inclusive culture that empowers people to do their best work. We give our team autonomy to move fast, innovate and take responsibility. Join us in our mission to build a better financial world!
We are very proud of our values and expect all those who join us to help us proactively drive and improve our culture, aligned to these values.
- B – Be Humble
- L – Lead with Empathy
- O – Own It
- C – Communicate Clearly
- K – Kaizen
The Team ❤️
The data team is here to build, maintain and serve the best in class data platform to the whole of MoonPay, enabling all the teams to be able to take key data driven decisions and gain further insights into our operations. We’re well established within MoonPay but there is still more than ample opportunity for you to come in with your own ideas and help shape our future.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with product teams to support fraud and payments risk detection and measurement. This includes: evaluating the efficacy of fraud rules, predictive modeling to understand different levers, customer risk segmentation, amongst other projects and analyses.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to create successful deliverables.
- Provide recommendations and insights about your area of expertise to leadership, be a strategic partner for product management.
- Innovate in a nascent industry (Web3 and crypto), be a pioneer in this area within data analytics
- Communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Mentor more junior analysts and evangelise your work across the entire organisation
- Work in a hypergrowth company leading the way in Web3!
You should apply if ✅
- You have advanced knowledge of SQL (knowledge of window functions)
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization tools (preferably Looker)
- We have A LOT of data coming from different and novel sources, so we need someone who is comfortable processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis!
- You have the versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job! We always want to use the latest and best technologies, so expect to learn on the job!
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with DBT
- Knowledge of python
- Good communication skills in English
Bonus points if:
- You work in in fintech
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency
Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for this role if they do not have solid experience in 100% of these areas. Please know that this list is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you only are a 75% match. Skills can be learnt, diversity cannot.
We promote a diverse and inclusive culture at MoonPay.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visas of any kind at this time!
Our interview process takes place on Google Hangouts and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Initial screen (30-45 minutes)
- Remote take-home task
- Final interview (2 hours)
Please let us know if you require any accommodations for the interview process, and we’ll do our best to provide assistance.
- Stock options
- Unlimited holidays
- Home office equipment allowance of $600 USD (or local equivalent)
- Working in a disruptive and fast-growing industry where the possibilities are endless
- Fully remote: your life, your way of working
- Freedom, autonomy and responsibility