Podium (501+ Employees, 69% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
About the team
The Product Design team is a crucial organization in the pursuit of delivering high-quality messaging tools that help local businesses thrive. This means we have to be extremely empathetic in our approach to design, and this starts with the team. We're focused on building a diverse team capable of being supportive and encouraging throughout all of the collaboration and feedback present in any healthy design team. Building a strong, supportive, and empathetic Product Design team means we aim to hire the best folks no matter where they live.
About the role
Our Design team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to spearhead adding lead and contact management capabilities to Podium. 100k+ local businesses use Podium to interact with their customers via messaging, phone calls, payments, and marketing tools. As a result, Podium has immense context about the relationship between local businesses and their customers. We are using this context to help local businesses win by operating more efficiently and providing end consumers with better experiences.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to build and ship creative solutions and experiences to customers running small businesses all over the world. You’ll design workflows, interactions, prototypes, and visuals that are thoughtful and practical, leading to a direct impact on Podium, our customers, and their customers.
What you will do
- Lead the design of end-to-end features for various product areas leading to business impact for Podium and our customers. This includes product areas such as payments, foundational messaging features, mobile, and more.
- Develop, maintain, evolve, and design within style standards (spanning desktop and mobile), with an eye towards efficiency and a consistent user experience.
- Conduct user research to understand our customers and their needs.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and Engineering partners representing design at Podium, providing and seeking feedback, and participating in feature prioritization and planning.
- Seek out feedback from peers, executives, and customers and apply what you learn to elevate your design solutions.
- Mentor and grow Product Designers early in their career
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing of design candidates to help build an excellent Product Design team.
- You're an excellent facilitator and are comfortable leading teams through ideation, research, and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining new features.
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, interaction design, and visual design.
- You have case studies that demonstrate your ability to design solutions that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals across mobile, web, and desktop applications.
- You have experience in product design organizations and working cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to develop strategy and rationale for new features and product directions.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills. You clearly explain design decisions and rationale grounded in design and usability principles, even to team members who don't share your background.
- Understanding of technical constraints and can effectively balance quality and speed.
- A positive, diverse, and supportive culture, ranked as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces in 2019.
- Flexibility to work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.