Squarespace (501+ Employees, 22% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Tock Design team is looking for a Senior Product Designer for our Customers team! You’ll join a mission-driven design team who’s all-in and all about empowering restaurants, wineries, and the hospitality industry we love. We’re helping them run better businesses with new, innovative, and powerful tools that fundamentally change how they operate. And we’re creating a search and discovery network that connects these businesses to millions of diners around the world, giving us consumers a trusted guide to find and book delicious experiences. Our design team is behind it all and eager to find another teammate who’ll join us on this mission.
The Customers team supports the thousands of restaurants, wineries, and bars who use Tock to run their business and book reservations, experiences, tasting menus, takeout, and special events. These customers are booking more, selling more, and providing exceptional service because of Tock’s truly unique and unparalleled tools. As a Senior Product Designer on the Customers team, you’ll lead design for projects that expand upon this toolkit. You’ll help destination-worthy spots like Alinea, Noma, and The French Laundry to Napa’s and Sonoma’s coveted wineries to local, neighborhood favorites all thrive even in uncertain times by designing new features and exploring new ideas. You’ll partner with your fellow designers, engineers, and product managers to bring it all to life.
The Senior Product Designer position will report to the Product Design Manager, and can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
You’ll Get To…
- Explore ideas and solutions to some of our most exciting design challenges
- Create prototypes to test and validate your ideas
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, and user-centered designs
- Work alongside your engineering teammates to support projects through launch
- Collect insights and user feedback to iterate and improve designs
- Support your design teammates by providing candid and constructive feedback on their own projects
- Contribute to our growing design system and brand identity
Who We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years of experience designing and shipping products with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Experience designing for touch devices
- Excellent visual and interaction design skills
- Comfortable speaking with customers and conducting qualitative research
- Capable of analyzing quantitative data and measuring success
- Familiarity with design systems
- Strong storytelling, presentation, and communication skills
- Comfortable shaping and defining ambiguous problems to solve
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with researchers, engineers, and product stakeholders
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Backup Dependent Care
- Subscription to mindfulness app, Headspace
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies” for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune’s “Game Changer” Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019’s 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.