Karat (201-500 Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Design team
Our Design team is committed to creating industry-leading user experiences that help Karat deliver on its purpose of unlocking opportunity.
What you will do
As a Senior Product Designer at Karat, you will regularly exercise your passion for designing elegant, inclusive, and goal-directed product experiences. As a pragmatic design thinker and maker, you will model, refine and solve for key design personas that use our service.
- Lead cross-team ideation, solving for complex problems that resonate at the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology.
- Contribute human-centered, generative ideas through design research; lean on formative prototyping and collaboration with researchers to learn and iterate design execution.
- Provide the right mix of context, storytelling, and execution specifics at the appropriate forum/venue and level of detail required.
- Propose new work based on perceived business and human value by bringing stakeholders onboard with strong presentation and socialization skills.
- Model excellence in product design while mentoring fellow designers.
- Contribute to and improve our design system, such as: libraries, patterns, and workflows.
The experience you will bring
- 6+ years experience as a UX or Product Designer, designing applications across a variety of platforms
- A high-quality design portfolio or deck highlighting critical and informed thinking, strong execution and outcomes
- Ability to work cross-functionally in order to move design initiatives forward
- Quality execution of large projects with significant impact on company-level metrics
- Demonstrated experience performing human-centered design research to understand the goals and needs of users
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design patterns, emerging technologies, and other developments in the field.
- A strong understanding of when — and how — to effectively communicate strategic and tactical design rationale
- Strong empathy, optimism and active listening when collaborating closely with others
- Attention to detail, curiosity and situation-driven ownership
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].
Karat is an E-Verify company.