We empower our product teams to solve hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers love, yet work for our business. Our product teams are cross-functional and durable, generally comprised of a product manager, a product designer, and several engineers.
We staff our product teams with the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement).
While the product manager is accountable for ensuring the solution is both valuable and viable, and the engineers are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible, the designer is accountable for ensuring the solution is usable.
This means that the designer must contribute a solid understanding of our users, mainly software developers and enterprise IT admins; how they work and how they interact with our products. A successful designer at Replicated will have experience in developer tools or in the Kubernetes DevOps space and the curiosity to dig deep and learn more. The designer must have strong user experience skills and strong visual design skills. We believe enterprise software doesn’t have to suck and are on a mission to raise the usability bar.
While each member of the product team may be accountable for a specific task, the designer must collaborate closely with her product manager and engineers to discover effective solutions, then work together to deliver those solutions to the market.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering – represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience are of high-quality
- Use and evolve our design system in order to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our design processes
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best product
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product engineers
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Coordinate with designers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 4-5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Have experience designing and/or using developer tools
- Have a background in software development specifically in devops and tools is preferred
- Have an understanding of the developer workflow
- Have the ability to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs
Replicated provides the tools for software companies to operationalize and scale the delivery of their Kubernetes-based applications to enterprise customers using a “modern on-prem” methodology. We’re working to improve the overall state of Enterprise Software by making it simpler for innovative teams to sell to large Enterprise customers without shifting focus away from their core products.
We are a Series-B stage startup with great customers, including HashiCorp, Gradle, Snyk, Sysdig, CircleCI, Wickr and many others. We’re a small but growing team led by two insightful and dedicated founders, who were early to recognize that container orchestration could become an essential tool for businesses of all sizes. Almost half of the Fortune 100 companies already manage applications using Replicated, and customer satisfaction and retention is very high.
Replicated is committed to cultivating an efficient, respectful workplace. We know that innovation thrives on teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences.
We offer strong benefits to help you stay healthy and productive:
Partner perk programs
Generous time off
Laptop+accessories you need to get set up
Generous home office set up allowance or co-working space allowance
Replicated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and we work to make sure that all team members have an equal opportunity to succeed.
We do not accept unsolicited assistance from any headhunters or recruitment firms for any of our job openings. All resumes or profiles submitted by search firms to any employee at Replicated in any form without a valid, signed search agreement in place for the specific position will be deemed the sole property of Replicated. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Replicated as a result of the unsolicited referral.