ReUp Education (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ReUp Education is looking for an experienced Product Designer who can help document, build, and define a cohesive user experience across multiple user types and contexts. In this role, you’ll create designs that facilitate a streamlined experience for our learners and learning providers. You’ll be great for this role if you have a passion for solving complex problems with creativity and strive to put our users first.
What we do
Founded in 2015, ReUp Education is the only organization that focuses exclusively on helping colleges and universities engage and re-enroll the more than 40% of US students who have “stopped out” and support them until graduation, through our technology-enabled service. To date, we have re-enrolled nearly 20,000 students, helping 3800 of those students to graduate, and recaptured over $65 million in tuition for our university partners.
What you’ll do
- Collaboratively create the user experience across multiple ReUp products and services, including designing for broadly defined, loose concepts, and narrowly defined, tactical features
- Creatively problem-solve using UX, UI, and accessibility best practices
- Create deliverables such as wireframes, interactive prototypes, high-fidelity designs, user research synthesis reports, user flows, and journey maps
- Use data to inform design decisions and continually validate your work with real users
- Develop and expand product design patterns
- Consider all aspects — from copy to business impact — when crafting the experience
- Support design thinking activities cross-functionally to absorb knowledge and needed information from internal thought partners
- Communicate, participate, and prepare for design walkthroughs, critiques, and reviews
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Support the development of client-facing memos, reports, and decks
- Bring your full self to our growing team and add to our culture and values
(Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. ReUp encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application.)
- 3+ years of experience in an individual contributor design or UX role
- An online portfolio with mobile app, web design, or other design samples
- Design experience in a consumer application, product, or software role
- An interest in understanding and improving user experience at the intersection of product and services
- Attention to detail is important to you
- The ability to explain your work, process, and decisions and seek feedback to help you produce your best work
- Worked on product design from the discovery phase through launch
- Care deeply about technical, scalable, and user-centric models of design
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience participating in or leading user research sessions
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; we pay 100% of the employee’s premium and 50% of any dependents’ premiums
- Flexible time off and remote work opportunity
- 401(k) plan
- A diverse team that fosters a high level of collaboration despite being entirely distributed
- We provide your choice of a Mac or PC laptop
ReUp is a remote organization with a geographically distributed team. This position will be based remotely in one of the states listed: AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, MO, NC, NH, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
TEAMWORK * RESULTS * CONSTANT LEARNING * AGENCY * DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION * JOY
ReUp employees share a passion for improving outcomes for stopout students. We support students to get Results as they embark on finishing what they started. We believe in the power of human potential and that supporting an individual’s Agency acts as a catalyst for positive change and resiliency. We support Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, for both the students we work with and in our hiring practices. We value Teamwork and strive to create a safe and supportive environment where trust, communication, creativity, and humility are valued as highly as technical skills. We tackle hard problems with curiosity and take action towards continuous improvement and Constant Learning. Approaching our work with open hearts, open minds, and seeking collective success creates Joy. If that sounds like your dream work environment, we look forward to hearing from you.
ReUp Education is an equal opportunity employer. Our company values diversity and believes diverse teams make innovation possible. We encourage all qualified applicants from any race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other characteristics to apply.