Sprockets (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We are looking for a creative, empathetic, and highly collaborative Senior Product Designer who is looking to make an impact at an early-stage startup that is disrupting the HR space.
Sprockets is an innovative company working to eliminate bias in the hiring process and match candidates with teams they will be successful working in. We have built the world’s first Automated Hiring Platform, that leverages a combination of psychology and AI, to ensure companies not only hire the best candidates, but also the best fit for their culture.
In this role, you will help execute against the product vision and strategy and work collaboratively in a fully autonomous, cross-functional product team. Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, you’ll ideate and execute on the interaction and visual design of our core product. Collaboration, innovation and speed are core aspects of this role.
- You’ll work closely with customers, stakeholders, product management and engineering teams to identify opportunities, incorporate feedback and refine the work flows and designs
- You’ll own the user experience and creative design for our core product to create solutions based on business and customer impact, industry innovation and leveraging the latest technology to solve real user problems
- You’ll focus on creating really intuitive user experiences that aim to surprise and delight our users at every turn
- You’ll leverage data, both qualitative and quantitative, to inform your product designs
- You’ll have a deep understanding and be able to articulate the information architecture, work flows and interactions surrounding the user experience
- You’ll advocate and be the voice of the user with an empathetic approach and understanding of our personas
- You’ll actively participate in discovery and planning of new products and features while driving the design vision
- You’ll lead design reviews and design sprints with team members and thoughtfully incorporate feedback
- You have 6+ years of product design experience, preferably at a fast-growing startup
- You have a passion for creating beautiful user experiences, great design principles, knowledge of UI accessibility standards and follow the latest design trends
- You have demonstrated experience improving products based on customer feedback, stakeholder interactions, and through developing a strong understanding of the future needs of users
- You are an avid practitioner in user research, prototyping and user testing – early and often – to help validate (or invalidate) product ideas
- You have a deep understanding of user needs and take an empathic approach towards problem-solving and alleviating points of friction
- You are data-driven and leverage them to make informed design decisions
- You are familiar with design systems and have intuition on when to leverage the system and when to add to it
- You have working knowledge of Agile development processes and design best practices, including design sprints
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, high EQ, and take a collaborative and empathetic approach to problem-solving
- We have a noble mission. Sprockstars, as we like to call us, do not take transforming the hiring process into an equitable one lightly. We’re committed to you, our team, our customers and their employees alike
- To make breakthroughs, people need an environment where it’s safe to make mistakes and learn. Sprockets fosters a workspace where different viewpoints are welcomed and every voice counts – a place where everyone can ask anyone for guidance and bring their truest selves to work every day
- Our team strives to be known as leaders and innovators within the hiring tech industry. We challenge the process and product in our continuous pursuit of excellence
- Collaboration and communication are exactly how Sprockets was built and will continue to thrive. As a small team, everyone at the organization has the opportunity to know each other and contribute their thoughts
- We pride ourselves on our emphasis on a healthy work-life balance. During business hours, our Sprockstars work hard and play hard — that’s no accident
- Integrity creates trust. It’s the constant choice to infuse every action with honesty, fairness, and respect for customers and colleagues alike
- We empower our teams with the freedom, trust and autonomy to make good and strategic decisions that enable our customers and drive our business forward
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Four-day work week for full-time pay
- Competitive salary package and ownership equity in the company
- A fully remote company so you have the flexibility to work anywhere in the U.S.
- Receive a MacBook and financial assistance to craft your most comfortable work-from-home environment
- Quarterly company trips designed to foster relationships, creativity and having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage packages
- Learning and development budget to hone your personal and professional skills
If you are interested in intensive growth, emerging technology, and vibrant work culture, Sprockets is the startup for you. Having recently received our Series A round of funding, we are poised for another big year of growth. Come disrupt with us!