The Arena Group (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Title: Senior Product Designer
Employment Type: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our product group to help drive web experience, improve our subscription funnels, and optimize ad display. You will be part of a team that is focused on building innovative product solutions for our online publications, simplifying product discovery, improving content management for our editors, and increasing our subscriber base. We’re looking for designers who are able to develop an in-depth understanding of the product, adapt to the company’s business model, and deliver delightful designs within the existing technical capabilities, while pushing the overall user experience gradually forward.
- Deliver end-to-end design solutions that are rooted in user research, data analytics, strong competitive analysis, that blend business needs with user outcomes.
- Support planning and delivery of future roadmap features through concept design development, including journey maps, clickable interactive prototypes and mood boards.
- Contribute to a scalable design framework that enables editorial teams the flexibility to create a variety of content modals, while simplifying the development process.
- Work with the product and engineering team to establish best practices around mobile first concepts, accessibility, and interaction design.
- Improve the overall customer journey with emphasis on optimized information architecture (IA), intuitive navigation, and sound content modals.
- Support our content management system, driving improvements to the authoring features, and delivering improved templating and component customization features.
- Experience with Figma best practices, file organization, design handoffs, and prototyping
- Experience with remote user research tools like UserTesting or UserZoom
- Prior experience designing customer-facing editorial web experiences, in sports or lifestyle
- A strong presenter, who knows how to pull design artifacts to drive the discussion forward
- Builds relationships with colleagues across departments and seniority levels.
- Manages multiple assignments at once and has good project management skills.
- Great communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Bachelor’s degree in design or human-computer interaction (HCI) and at least 8 years of experience in user experience design, interaction design, hybrid design, or similar role.
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company – AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love – their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.