Brave Software (51-200 Employees, 37% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is building the best Web3 browser with an integrated crypto wallet to help bring a new DeFi experience to our growing user base. We are looking for an experienced Product/UX Designer to help us craft amazing product experiences for Brave Wallet. You will be working in Brave’s design team delivering UX and UI while working closely with product and marketing managers – helping them merge product and design requirements into specifications for engineering.
- Be the voice of the user while participating in user research, defining interactions and designing for implementation
- Serve as a design advocate while working in cross-functional teams between design, marketing and engineering
- Work harmoniously with product managers to design the required product functionality, driving it through to implementation
- Incorporate user needs into product design solutions while using a lean UX approach to documentation
- Serve as a design project lead when necessary
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering effective product design in cross-functional teams from start to finish
- Crypto experience is required, preferably having performed operations within other wallets such as defi staking, swaps, nft purchasing, etc.
- Proven experience designing products for the crypto landscape
- Understanding of UX best practices and the latest product design trends
- Expert prototyping knowledge using Figma, Keynote or other tools
- Modern responsive web design knowledge
- Solid communication skills through slack as well as in team sessions
- BA/BFA or MFA in design related field, or equivalent experience
- *A solid portfolio is required when applying for this position.
- Experience designing cross platform wallet UX
- Experience designing for an exchange
- Experience designing a wallet
- Mobile design patterns
- A knack for clean typography
- Icon design & illustration experience
One more thing:
This position is a sleeves up, heels planted, high quality, high output design role in an equally high revving design team that serves 100% of the company’s needs for product design, user research and visual communications. We are all doers getting it done every day, having fun along the way with a great team dynamic and fun camaraderie.
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web