Looped is on a mission to deepen audience participation in live virtual events. Our traction has accelerated over the last few months, opening the doors to countless opportunities for high impact projects. Over 2000 top creators run events through Looped, including Lin-Manuel Miranda, Meghan Trainor, Khalid, BTS, Charlie Puth, AJ McLean, Joel McHale, Maren Morris, Ken Jeong, Bob Saget, and many more.
You’ll be forever part of the core team that shapes the culture and vision of the company. If you hope to start your own thing someday, this could be great preparation.
We are a small team, so we focus on shipping high value features and iterating on them quickly. Looped has been a remote-first company since 2018, with employees primarily in NYC, Los Angeles and the SF Bay area. Learn more about Looped at loopedlive.com.
We obsess over gathering fast, direct customer feedback. And our customers are celebrities, so expect to speak with them often.
As a senior engineer at Looped, you will own the end-to-end development of product features. You will lead system design and architecture, and see features through prototype, implementation, release, tracking, and further iteration. Ultimately, your goal is to delight users with both large new features and daily small product enhancements. Analytics and customer feedback will be used to gauge progress and drive improvements to the product.
Qualities we love
- Strong experience building consumer-facing products
- Eagerness to learn quickly and get things done
- Passion for crafting amazing user experiences
- Attention to detail and obsession with writing quality code
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Depth in one part of the stack or breadth across a wide portion. Already having familiarity with our stack is not a requirement.
Examples of projects we’re working on
- Building tooling and UI’s to handle chat rooms with thousands of concurrent users
- Adding subscriptions to exclusive content and feeds
- Building a low-latency interactive livestream product where fans can appear directly in the stream
- Streamlining in-house production processes as we build more custom content
- Explore / build brand aesthetics and UX options to promote engagement
- Scaling backend architectures in the face of changing traffic patterns
- Building tools to offload event management from our labor intensive manual processes into product workflows
- Vue.js, Python Django, Kubernetes, Postgresql
- Health insurance, 5 weeks of PTO, sick leave, parental leave
- 100% remote—anyone in North America or South America who is willing to be available for meetings 11am-5pm is encouraged to apply
- Competitive salary and equity
The Looped interview process consists of 3 one-hour technical interviews. They are conducted over a videochat screenshare with the interviewer. We believe in hiring for strengths rather than a lack of weakness—we choose the 3 interviews out of the following 5 options that best highlight the candidate’s skills.
- An exercise that requires building a command line game.
- A pair programming exercise that will involve debugging and refactoring buggy code.
- An exercise implementing a frontend feature that consumes an API endpoint and displays that information.
- A systems design interview where we go through the process of architecting a high-usage live communication application.
- A programming problem involving storing data and manipulating it in an algorithmically efficient way.