"The Meet Group, Inc." (201-500 Employees, 9% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Meet Group is a fast-growing Media Technology company in the Greater Philadelphia region. Our recently launched video products are enhancing the way people meet across the world to achieve the goal of one of the most important basic needs of human connection. Using innovative products and sophisticated data science, we keep our millions of mobile daily active users engaged, and originate untold numbers of casual chats, friendships, dates, and marriages. Through our vPaaS (video Platform as a Service) we power livestreaming video and the creator economy for 7 of the top 50 apps in the world.
At The Meet Group we are working to build the best places to meet new people in pursuit of our vision to meet the universal need for human connection. In addition to our portfolio of owned-and-operated social and dating apps, through our Video-Platform-as-a-Service SDK, we power livestreaming and creator economy features across some of the world’s best-known dating brands.
As the Senior Product Manager for Recommendations & Personalization at The Meet Group, you will work closely with engineers, data analysts, designers, and the executive team to define, prioritize, and implement the future product pipeline for content discovery features in both the dating and creator economy product areas. You will be responsible for aligning the team behind the most important projects at any given time, with an eye toward driving growth in relevant key metrics. The ideal candidate is both entrepreneurial and analytical, able to support their product intuition and understanding of our user bases with data-driven insights to move the product forward.
Here’s a summary of the cool things you’ll get to do in this role:
- Ideate and prioritize a pipeline of experimentation and feature launches through a detailed analysis of usage and performance data from existing recommendation algorithms and other user behavior.
- Collaborate with your scrum master and technical leads to translate high-level feature requirements or experimental hypotheses into user stories and sprint schedules.
- Support a team of world-class engineers and designers throughout product execution and drive high-priority, high-impact features to launch.
- Establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution and launch.
- Define, analyze, and report on the metrics that determine the success of feature launches or experiments.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- A track record of building great products
- 5+ years in a product management role is preferred, particularly for a consumer-facing mobile application
- Strongly preferred experience on social, dating, creator economy, or community products, and/or on machine learning-powered recommendation and personalization systems
- Technical depth that enables you to understand and earn the respect of the engineers you work with
- Strong knowledge of A/B testing, functional specification, and other product management tools and methodologies
- Ability to break the long-term vision down into concrete, manageable, shippable deliverables that deliver user value as quickly as possible
- Excellent communication skills regardless of the audience — software engineers, product designers, business stakeholders, users, etc. You can evangelize a product experience, clearly communicate product/experiment requirements, and translate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Data-driven and analytical, alongside strong product instincts and a bias toward action
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated, but open to guidance
- A preference to adapt quickly as new information arises rather than follow an out-of-date plan
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The convenience of working REMOTELY!
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges!
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people!
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match!
- Extensive PTO plan, including generous fully paid parental/maternity leave!
- Flexible working hours!
The Meet Group owns and operates the most engaging dating communities in the world, including MeetMe, Skout, Tagged, and GROWLr. Serving millions of daters daily, each month, our livestreaming solutions entice our community to spend 1 billion minutes in video. Our network size, technology, and leading moderation and talent teams enable us to partner for and acquire new audiences, including through video platform-as-service products. The Meet Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of ParshipMeet Group, a diversified international market leader in online dating, which also owns and operates leading matchmaking brands eharmony, Parship, and ElitePartner. For more information, visit themeetgroup.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
The Meet Group is an equal opportunity employer and a participating employer of Everify. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.