FireHydrant (51-200 Employees, 525% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the role
As a customer-focused product-led company, product managers at FireHydrant drive our product strategy and execution. They weave together our company’s vision, customers’ needs, and industry trends to deliver a compelling roadmap that improves how technology teams can respond to incidents and manage their reliability. You’ll partner with every team within FireHydrant: Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success. You’ll have your hands on the multi-year strategy for your products while delivering value to our customers every quarter.
The work you’ll do
Working on the incident management team at FireHydrant means building and improving on top of our core product focused on the entire incident lifecycle. Building a compelling incident management product is a chance to build something that improves our customers reliability.
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product
- You can communicate product decisions, strategies, and the rationale behind them. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive. You’re comfortable making decisions with multiple different paths forward.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions.
- You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests, and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications.
FireHydrant is building the only reliability-focused platform. The FireHydrant platform includes Incident Response, Status Pages, and more, so you can take control of your complex system, reduce downtime, and work better together. We’re a Series B company with around 100 employees who sit across the United States and we’re growing. Check out our blog to learn more about us.
What will you be doing?
In one month, you’ll
- Deliver your first update to the product
- Present your user research about how customers are currently communicating about their incidents in FireHydrant built from 15 user interviews and quantitative data
- Create your own rough draft of your product vision for Incident Management and present to the team
In three months, you’ll
- Present and own the product vision for Incident Management
- Create a Now, Next, Later roadmap and strategic framework to present to the leadership team during quarterly planning
- Successfully take multiple improvements through the product development and GTM process
In 6 months, you’ll
- Execute on the strategy laid out through your product vision
- Present a thorough go to market strategy for Incident Management and Communications
- Identified large problem areas unaddressed by any other product in the market
- Develop a tight integration strategy to our Service Ownership product
- Become the internal expert on incident management
In one year, you’ll
- Launch a standalone product
- Validate and propose large ambitious problems to tackle
- Be an external expert on incident management
- 100% employer-paid health, vision and dental premiums for the employee and 75% of dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy with a minimum requirement of three weeks off per-year, with sustainable working hours and healthy work/life balance
- Wellness program (in every form it takes): reimbursements for your gym membership, therapy sessions, athletic equipment, nutrition plans, etc
- Education budget: conferences, books, online courses, etc
- Home office stipend: get your workspace set up in a way that works best for you
- 401k match
Life at Fire Hydrant
- We’re remote-first with employees around the US, our headquarters is in NYC (Union Square)
- 1-2x per year we will gather as a company, depending on the safety of such gathering
- We collaborate through Slack, Zoom, Figma, Notion, and Clubhouse
- Kind candor – we expect honesty delivered through kindness, first and foremost
- Transparency & equity – information is shared openly in Slack channels; we welcome ideas and contribution regardless of role or experience level
- Mutual mentorship – we believe in the power of mentorship and that everyone (of all skill levels) has something to learn, and something to teach
FireHydrant believes that everyone should be compensated fairly and we strive for transparency within our organization and the industry. We set our salaries at the 75th percentile based on compensation data from hundreds of companies at our stage and everyone in a given role is paid the same without adjusting for locality. The compensation for this position is $165,000 (Mid-Level), $190,000 (Senior) or $215,000 (Staff) depending on leveling.