Retail Zipline (51-200 Employees, 163% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Zipline is 100% remote and accepts applicants from Canada, US & internationally.
Hi. We’re Zipline! We’re helping put technology into the hands of those that need it most – – retail workers. If you have worked in a store, you know the drill. You’re helping customers, ringing up orders, and trying to do the 30 tasks that HQ wants you to do. Some pertain to you. Some don’t. But that’s for you to figure out… all while putting out fires and keeping shelves tidy.
That’s where we come in! We turn the grind of retail communications into an engaging, effective, aha solution. The Zipline platform ensures that the right people get the right information in the right way. Everyone is on the same page, tasks are tracked and life feels less like a perpetual game of hair-on-fire.
With Zipline, employees feel more connected, understand the role they play in the brand’s mission, and can feel good about the work they’re doing. This is important to us because retail is one of America's most populous workforces but also one of the most underserved. Through Zipline, we can touch on one in four American workers who are often minority, women, and working part-time while studying or taking care of the family.
We love helping retailer workers love their jobs because we know how much better life is when you love your work. This year, Retail Zipline became a Great Place to Work-Certified. 97 percent of our employees say Zipline is a great place to work, compared to 59% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company. What’s even more impressive is that 100% of employees say, “I can be myself around here”, “I am treated as a full member here regardless of my position” and “People here are willing to give extra to get the job done.” 100 percent! You can’t beat the Zipline culture.
Our perfect Senior Integrations Product Manager comes from either a Retail or B2B SaaS company. In this role, you will help support the growth of a comprehensive ecosystem of integrated experiences that leverage third-party products to solve some of retail's biggest challenges and work with many of the world's leading companies in the WFM, LMS, and Consumer Insights space.
For this role, we are looking for a product leader who can manage and own the product integrations problem space. This leader will have a deep understanding of how to integrate third-party products and services into a core product offering by delivering delightful and easy-to-use integrated experiences. We have a mission and a philosophy that we are pretty opinionated about and we need strong voices to help manage and make our product vision and strategy successful!
This Product Manager will be successful in their role by focusing on:
- The expanding and maintaining and comprehensive ecosystem of third-party integrations
- Contributing to our integration strategy by engaging with partners and customers to understand their workflows and needs and crystallizing vague concepts into concise tactical plans
- Manage the development and prioritization of strategic product integrations in partnership with engineering, partners, sales, marketing, and customers
- Support implementations and iterations on integrated experiences in close partnership with the customer success team and engineering
- Enable external partners or customers to develop integrations on top of Zipline
- Drive technical partnership and integration with 3rd party applications and service providers. Helping manage internal and external engineering resources to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Design and influence partner integration flows on the front end and back end.
- Understand technical dependencies for the integrations you lead and bring disparate stakeholders together to launch your integrations
- Serve as the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure support for your integrations across the platform and partner ecosystem
- Use data to make good decisions when confronted by ambiguity
- Assist sales with demos to major customers
A Product Manager’s Role at Zipline includes:
- Connecting and communicating regularly with customers and coworkers to research and explore real retail problems, build strong relationships, and amplify voices as we work towards building the most effective and easy-to-use field enablement platform in the world..
- Learning and analyzing data to make informed decisions and to monitor the success of new features, functionality, and general user experience. Continue to gain market knowledge by reading reports, blogs, or our competitor’s product literature.
- Deciding and documenting are core to how we communicate asynchronously and operate cross-functionally. From writing pitches that define what, when, and why to key decisions or discussions around priority or changes to customer-facing roadmaps, taking a “written first” approach will help bring stakeholders together.
- Shaping and building ideas are our love languages for product discovery and delivery. Methods like breadboarding or fat marker sketches enable collaboration with design and engineering to ensure product direction and functionality are clearly communicated and ideas are brought to life!
- You have 8+ years of SaaS or enterprise software development experience
- Experience integrating third-party apps into a core product
- Understanding that speed is everything but prioritizing the right thing is equally important – you appreciate delivering impact quickly
- Strong understanding of how problem-solving and decision-making happen in human organizations with a demonstrated ability to translate behaviors and needs into ideas or requirements.
- You can take a product strategy and run with it, everything from partnering closely on shaping through to delivery and advocacy.
- You have prior experience as a Product Manager in an earlier stage company. You need to have familiarity with the style, pace, and uncertainty of a company at our stage of growth.
- You are comfortable establishing and managing relationships across Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Customer Success, and our Customers and Partners
- You have a proven track record of successfully owning and evolving a group of products to meet customers’ needs.
- You are a product thinker, who loves to solve real problems and likes to get into the thick of it to be able to make decisions on your own.
- You are focused on building products, validating use cases, and measuring success.
- You can take a raw idea and know-how to move it through to launch. Bias toward action.
- You excel at stakeholder engagement, team building, advocacy, education, and partnership to get things done.
- You build trust with customers, partners, and your coworkers by understanding their needs, goals, and what makes them successful.
Nice to haves
- We are for retail, by retail. Having a background in either working in retail or building software for retailers has been an important key to our product’s success. It’s not required but if you do have retail experience it will bring a ton of value to our customers and business.
- Working knowledge of the complexities of managing the operations of a retail store.
- Exposure to third-party systems such as WFM, Inventory, PoS, e-commerce, etc.
- Experience with the concepts described in Shape Up is an asset, but not required.
More about you:
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Mac Book Pro/Air, Gmail & G-Suite Products, Microsoft Office, Basecamp, Slack
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and written, present to, influence, or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both our as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
What's In It for You:
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world!
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!
We value diversity of all kinds and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Got More Time, here’s more about Zipline!
How do we work? Remotely. We have been 100% remote since the company was founded and we have it down to a science – – a people science. We huddle as a team weekly and as a company 3 times a week. On Fridays, we come together to learn from each other. One week it might be about opossum rescue. Another week it might be an update on our product roadmap or the results of our customer satisfaction survey. We are all masters of Zoom and love the freedom of working from home – – or vans – – or sailboats.
The word is getting out. We are featured regularly in the press, mostly because of the results we get from our customers. Here’s a look at just some of the articles published recently. We also picked up some awards in 2020. CBInsights ranked us one of the 100 most promising B2B retail tech companies in the world. And, our CEO was a TechTrailblazer finalist. (Check out her articles on Forbes to see her passion for retail and solving its biggest challenges.)
We have made incredible progress but changing the industry is hard. We are well funded by leading venture capital firms like Emergence Capital and ready to scale. We need your help to improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees. Cumbersome, slow, and inefficient systems should not be the status quo. Help us retool retail.
Our perfect account-based marketing manager comes from either the sales or marketing side of a B2B SaaS company. You will own a handful of accounts and be devoted to their success, working hand-in-hand with your sales director to create plans and activities that drive your accounts deeper into the sales funnel. Ready to roll up your sleeves and help spread the power of Zipline? Keep reading!