NAVA (201-500 Employees, 49% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Nava is a public benefit corporation, which means we have a social mission written into our founding charter. The people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve access, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services.
As a professional services firm, we achieve our mission by partnering with government clients at the state and federal levels. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients who hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better experience.
These end-users — the humans who benefit from our work — are at the core of everything we do. They inspire and motivate us. Working with our government clients to align their goals with their beneficiary’s needs enables them to better deliver on their mission and provides everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Position type: Full time, exempt.
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive our vision forward.
You’ll help us execute on our mission of reimagining the digital services our government provides. Working directly with government and across Nava’s engineering, design, and business teams, you’ll create experiences that improve the lives of millions of Americans. You care deeply about end users, and are passionate about crafting simple and usable solutions.
You’ll provide strategic guidance, mentorship and leadership to a team of product managers in order to execute on our mission. You’ll be responsible for setting direction, removing obstacles and barriers, assessing business impact, as well as managing and coaching a team of Product Managers who work on specific feature areas.
You will have a significant strategic impact and will be uniquely positioned and empowered to make a huge impact on Nava’s mission to reimagine how our government serves its people.
What you’ll do
● Define the vision, goals, and measures of success for the products and services you manage
● Grow and support a talented team of Product Managers who take pride in building high-quality, high-impact products and services that drive Nava’s mission forward
● Work with designers, business analysts, project managers and technical leads to discover and synthesize market research, user needs, business requirements, and technical approaches
● Define the direction, scope, and priority of projects, from high level initiatives to specific features, user stories, and business metrics
● Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and ship projects
● Proactively socialize, iterate on, and build buy-in for product initiatives with the team, government partners, and other contractors
● Collaborate with the project management team to prioritize roadmap and inbound units of work
● Represent Nava’s outcome-centric and user-centric approach in discovery meetings with agencies and contractors
● Understand and communicate the needs of end users and population segments we serve and government partners we work with
● Measure product progress towards business goals or user needs and translate data insights into action
● Make tactical decisions to improve the design, define requirements, and generate stakeholder buy-in for our desired path forward
● At least 5 years of experience as a Product Manager owning a portfolio of products
● Proven leadership managing and growing a team of 2+ Product Manager direct reports, including performance management
● Demonstrate interest and experience in coaching and mentoring, helping their team to define strategies and solutions instead of telling them the answers
● Ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, using a variety of skills and tools
● Strong bias towards action; ability to step up into team gaps and ambiguous situations to structure the team’s action plan
● Ability to execute with incomplete information; great product instincts and an ability to create order from divergent needs
● Ability to identify market trends and shifts that will affect product direction, and updating plans based on future expectations
● Ability to generate very strong product plans and build buy-in across more than one team, including government partners and other contractors
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical, user experience, and project management trade-offs; enthusiastic and structured communicator
● An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset Other requirements
● Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Compensation: $125,000-$153,000 depending on experience.
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at [email protected] if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.