Heap (201-500 Employees, 59% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Heap is a platform that provides analytics infrastructure to reduce the annoying parts of user analytics.
At Heap, we’re building the next generation of product analytics for growth-minded teams. We recognize the market’s shift to digital provides an opportunity for every company to win over customers and prospects through product interaction. But to do so, product teams need easy, fast access to complete and accurate product usage data to make the best investment decisions and create delightful experiences.
Heap makes that possible through our unique technology that captures every user interaction. As a digital analytics platform, everything Heap does relies on our core data infrastructure, which every day ingests billions of events and makes them available for ad hoc analysis through Heap’s UI and integrations. Our platform needs to be performant, scalable, resilient, and flexible, so that we can continue to provide our customers with this complete data and surface insights that they may not have been aware of. Building this next generation of data analytics platform is where you come in!
What You’ll Do:
- Drive business impact. Work with Heap’s engineering and product leadership to define measurable long-term objectives that have tangible business impact. Then define a hypothesis-driven roadmap aimed at achieving that impact.
- Build, Ship, Learn. Work with our engineering teams through the lifecycle of projects, from brainstorming solutions to navigating trade-offs during development, to making sure that we learn from every launch.
- Empower our internal teams and our customers. Help us bring a complete picture of user data to our customers and best practices to the broader market through building a platform that enables our internal teams and scales to meet the needs of the business as Heap grows.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5-9 years of product management experience (although commensurate experience in an engineering role can be applied to the total years)
- Experienced with both internal- and external- (customer) facing projects
- Has evaluated and shipped developer efficiency improvements that were adopted and successful with ROI calculated
- Deep understanding of the full DevOps lifecycle and tools, with actual experience working in a DevOps role a plus
- Practical understanding of what it takes to run B2B SaaS applications at scale in a cloud environment (AWS experience preferred)
- Should have experience analyzing or working with product analysts to analyze platform metrics like stability, team metrics like velocity, and performance metrics
- Great interpersonal and collaboration skills, with ability to negotiate and prioritize across multiple competing demands
- Should have experience working at at least 1 high growth-stage company with >200 people
- Previous experience as an engineer (this is a fairly technical role!)