Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to run the three teams in our Real time Collaboration Platform team. This PM will be part of a broader Foundational Collaboration organization reporting to the Group Product Manager.
You will inspire and lead these teams by defining the vision & mission forward, and will work closely with teams to prioritize and deliver customer value. You will partner with Engineering managers and User experience design to form a squad and lead your teams to success. Drive alignment between various product groups, platform teams and leadership.
We don’t expect you to be able to tick every box. We value culture and values fit above everything.
Your teams will be responsible for:
- Two teams that are delivering our real time collaborative editing capabilities, that back the Atlassian Editor. These teams also focus on delivering Enterprise requirements which are critical path for our product teams and company priorities. This is a great opportunity to come in and have an impact on long running critical projects with lot of stakeholders across the company.
- An additional team focused on elements which is delivering our collaborative capabilities. You will redefine the vision and strategy, rally and inspire team and seek buy-in for forward-looking opportunities. You will plan and execute experiments to shift the needle on our collaboration metrics.
- We don’t expect you to be able to tick every box. We value culture and values fit above everything.
If you tick a couple of the below boxes, great! Throw your hat in the ring and let’s go from there
- You love delivering outstanding products and capabilities for customers.
- You have prior success setting product vision and strategy and launching excellent features & products.
- You can set clear goals, make decisions, and communicate crisply to your team, to leaders across Atlassian, and to our customers & partners.
- You can map an organisation’s strategy directly to a team’s roadmap, and clearly ladder their results back into that strategy.
- You’re motivated by deeply understanding both our end-users as well as our “makers” the people that either build our editor or build on top of it.
- You relish the challenge of translating deep technical challenges into business and customer value propositions.
- You’ve got charisma in spades you’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure everyone is aligned. Previous experience in cloud platform or infrastructure environments is a plus.
- Worked as a PM for a fast-paced tech company, ideally in a platform or infrastructure role.
- 5+ years of prior product management experience
More about our team
The goal of the Foundational Collaboration team is to enable new collaborative products to be assembled quickly, allowing them to focus on product/market fit instead of building the basics. This group brings together teams from Teamwork Platform in Editor, Media, Mobile, Content Services, along with the foundational model of Teams to ensure that every product out of the gate has best-of-breed collaborative capabilities within their own product.
As a Platform team we have a unique opportunity to contribute to Atlassian’s success in quite a few ways. We offer our products fully-fledged platform capabilities in a cost-effective way, removing the need to maintain and evolve their own. We offer our users familiar experiences, reducing friction and cognitive overhead when moving between our many products. Of course we invest heavily in the fundamentals of providing them with secure, reliable, performant, predictable and familiar experience. But we also work hard on giving users advanced tools that make them more productive and effective at their job via powerful, distinctive, and simply delightful experiences and integrations.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .