Canopy (11-50 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
To offer life-changing loans, lenders require game-changing technology.
Canopy Servicing provides innovative solutions to Fintech disruptors. Our modern loan management and servicing platform advances traditional finance by enabling more personalized, transparent, and safer credit and lending products. Our API-first architecture ensures any brand can embed financial products, bring those products to market quickly, and support those products with world-class service in a highly secure and compliant way.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for a creative and technologically curious product marketer to work closely with our product team to articulate the value of Canopy’s market-leading approach to embedded finance. As our first product marketing hire, you will have an outsize impact as well as opportunities to grow in your role. You’ll craft positioning and messaging, lead product launches; create web pages, product videos, graphics, and animations; write blog posts and lead webinars. In the course of any given week, you’ll work closely with product, customer success, user experience research, and revenue teams. As you develop an expert understanding of the Canopy platform, customer needs, industry trends, and the competitive landscape, you’ll help set our product roadmap. This is a high-impact role for a product marketer who wants a seat at the table.
You will excel in this role if you see yourself below:
- You have superb storytelling and content creation skills.
- You have successfully positioned and developed messaging for SaaS or Fintech products.
- You have experience partnering closely with product, marketing, and customer success functions.
- You thrive in an environment of continuous learning and are equally adept at giving and receiving feedback.
- Trust and empathy are your defaults.
- You want to build a company that genuinely values diverse life experiences and points of view.
- You want your work to have an impact.
- You are technically curious, highly disciplined, and creative.
- You are a doer with the discipline required to thrive in a fully remote environment that encourages work/life integration.
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years of B2B marketing experience, preferably in Fintech or for a SaaS company
- Prior GTM ownership of a product or product line
- Experience working in a high-growth startup
What will success look like?
Success is sitting in on the weekly sales pipeline call and knowing which of our products/features will resonate the most with prospects in the pipe. It is designing and hosting webinars that are viewed by at least 100 people from targeted accounts. It is writing web pages that are part of the conversion journey. It is being able to articulate for the team and customers “why this is needed” for new and existing features and endpoints. It is tracking the competition — the legacy providers and their quarterly earnings calls as well as news releases/thought leadership/industry participation from peer competitors and partners and sharing insights with the team. It is participating in product/feature prioritization meetings and providing a perspective on why a particular feature should be prioritized due to customer needs and the industry/competitive landscape. It is launching at least one new product/feature/capability a quarter.
We realize that we are asking a lot for any single individual. These are the goal lines. We will provide you with the resources you need to move the ball forward and score in as many of these areas as possible on a week by week and month by month basis.
Space and support to grow
Comp package in the 90th percentile of startups our size
Paid Parental Leave Policy
Monthly stipend for mental/physical wellness
Excellent health, vision, and dental package
Home office set-up package
Yearly team offsite somewhere fun
Donation (give-back) budget