Simplero (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Hey, my name is Calvin, and I know how you feel.
Even though I am the founder of the successful online platform Simplero.com and – might I add – I’ve been blessed with a wonderful staff of intelligent and kind people from all over the globe, things were not always like this.
I spent many a dark hour figuring out why being awkward in the company of other human beings made me become great at developing software.
Part of that is probably that being broken and alone is a good motivator for developing skills as a programmer.
But for many other things in life?
Not so much.
Anyway, today I’m happy to report that I enjoy the best parts of both sides.
The light side of having mastered the art of focus and logical thinking.
Having great relationships and being able to build a strong organization with an incredible team and massive growth potential.
A dark and evil power is upon us.
…is where you enter the story.
You will be the Superman who is called upon to hammer the villains back into the abyss from whence they came.
Oops. I got carried away…I do that.
The truth is, I’ve become the bottleneck of my own success, and I need a few more exceptional people who can help in our fight against evil.
I mean that part, by the way. Jokes and corny comic book metaphors aside…what we’re doing is important. We’re out to change the world, and we need your help.
So what do you say..?
Do you want to play, or don’t you?
Under this you’ll find the usual “features and benefits,” but don’t let that keep you from raising your hand if you feel a connection after reading this.
Your friend in the good fight,
CEO and founder of Simplero
What’s in it for you:
- Be your own manager with leeway to decide how you spend your time.
- You’ll be able to point to exactly what you created, both features and open source projects that we release.
- With just 4 engineers we created what other companies take armies to make, and we’ll teach you how to do it yourself. Welcome to the 100x club!
- You get to see how great it feels when you grant someone’s wish that mighta took you 4 minutes, but totally makes their day!
- Salary range: $50k-$100k US/year.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year, increasing to 5 after three years. Plus 10 sick/health days and 10 national holidays. Time away from work brings fresh insights.
- Wellness stipend to help pay for your gym. Deadlifts make you smarter.
- We’ll pay for a laptop or other gear you need to be productive.
- We’ll pay for an audible membership. Books also make you smarter.
What sets Simplero apart:
- No VCs. No outside funding. No exit strategy. We do it because we love it today, and want to continue doing this in perpetuity, not because we hope to make out like bandits in the future.
- We’re profitable and have been in business for 13 (!) years . It’s a solid, stable, proven company, product, and model, not some fly-by-night operation or risky gamble.
- We have 2,500+ active customers who have made well over $300M using Simplero. We’re the real deal.
- We’re founded by a developer (Calvin) who is still personally and passionately leading Product and Engineering, so you’ve got deep technical understanding and support right from the top.
- We solve real problems for real people that they’re happy to pay us real money to solve for them. We go home each day knowing we made a difference in someone’s life.
- We have a strong community around us, and cherish our close and mutually respectful relationships with our customers. It feels good knowing the people we’re serving.
- We do things differently from other companies. You’ll see. We laugh a lot. We breathe. We care about our people. We support you on your journey.
What we absolutely require:
- You gotta be very smart and very quick at “getting” stuff.
- You gotta love creating software and building things. And be really good at it. You build software in your free time as a hobby because you can’t not do it.
- You have to be good at figuring stuff out that none of us have ever done before.
- This is a big project, with lots of pieces. You’ve got to be good at reading code and quickly figuring out what’s going on.
What we could care less about:
- # years of experience. You probably started when you were a kid, anyway.
- A university degree, especially PhD’s or degrees in computer science. We’re not scientists, we’re engineers. (We do have a soft spot for physics majors, tho.)