1Password (501+ Employees, 307% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a Mixed Method Researcher who are skilled at both quantitative and qualitative research to join our growing Research team at 1Password to support the development of our foundational knowledge base. We’re a team that’s excited to learn and experiment. We nurture a safe and creative environment where we can continuously grow and produce impactful work.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly curious, has a passion for research, solving user problems and bringing the right knowledge to key stakeholders in the organization. You have experience leveraging your skill set to design and execute large-scale research studies to produce and iterate on foundational research artifacts such as personas, user & buyer journeys, JTBD, market segmentations, etc. Your research has the potential to impact key decisions regarding our product development, design and direction.
This is a remote opportunity within Canada, the UK, the Netherlands and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- A proven ability to understand the bigger picture and able to connect the dots across many areas of the business.
- Experience designing, leading and executing a variety of large-scale and complex research projects, such as personas, customer/buyer journey, market and competitive analysis, etc.
- Experience conducting effective secondary/desk research leveraging trustworthy sources.
- Experience working with other data sources such as user engagement data, customer feedback, etc., to develop a succinct and cohesive story.
- Experience working with and managing research partners of various scale and discipline.
- Ability to efficiently analyze and synthesize large amount of qualitative and quantitative data.
- A proven ability of successfully implementing foundational research initiatives that drive long-lasting impact in the organization.
- Work closely with Product Designers, PMs, Engineers, Product Marketers and Content Designers to make sure your research supports and helps to define goals, timelines and deliverables for everyone's work.
- Ability to not only present findings from research in a clear, concise way, but also drive actionable next steps and follow-throughs with key stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Bonus points for:
- Passion for building world-class accessible products and services that work for everyone and know how to deliver research that supports this.
- A demonstrable impact on the direction of a product or service in the past.
- Passion for design-thinking within the product development process, and a keen interest in behavioral biases and triggers.
- Experience running usability testing across mobile and desktop. You don’t always default to usability testing, but you love testing products with people when it makes sense to do so.
- Able to balance robust studies with the practicalities of delivering work in a growing complex market. You can see when research isn’t needed.
What you can expect:
- We hope that over time you become an advocate for our customers.
- Help raise the bar for research at 1Password.
- Become a trusted partner to your key stakeholders, and scale the influence of good research through developing others, mentorship, coaching or educating others.
What you can expect in the first month:
- Familiarize yourself with our past, present, and planned research initiatives.
- Familiarize yourself with current product and marketing roadmaps, strategies and priorities.
- Meet with key stakeholders to learn about their roles & responsibilities, their businesses, and start to think about how you and research can help
- Learn about the various customer-facing departments and sit in on customer calls to start to develop early understanding of customer pain points.
- Start to identify knowledge and research gaps in the organization.
What you can expect by month three:
- Make connections with research vendor partners. Understand existing partnership dynamic and gain context on on-going research work.
- Start to take ownership of the development and execution of key research artifacts (e.g., persona) and foundational research work (e.g., market analysis).
- Work with research agencies to analyze and present actionable findings to key stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to and participate in customer-empathy building initiatives.
What you can expect by month six:
- Foster key relationships with cross-functional stakeholders such as Marketing and Product to clearly communicate improvements based on customer data.
- Organize and conduct research workshops; Provides actionable recommendations on how to action against key insights.
- Provide suggestions/recommendations and actively participate in the on-going improvement of Research practices at 1Password.
- Anticipates 'white space' opportunities for organization; Make research recommendations and participate in 2023 planning.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> Generous PTO policy
> Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> Complimentary Headspace membership
Growth and future
> Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
> A You Need A Budget membership
Flexibility and community
> Paid volunteer days
> Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> Fully remote environment
> Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.