WeTransfer (201-500 Employees, 41% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
WeTransfer offers a way to send files around the world through its platform.
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Senior Security Analyst at WeTransfer
At WeTransfer we are trusted every day by millions of people with their professional, creative and personal content. We focus on making ‘beautifully obvious’ products, and our goal is to bring ‘beautifully secure’ to life as well. Security should not come at the expense of user experience, rather it is an integral part of keeping our users in their flow, creating comfortably in the knowledge that their hard work is well protected.
As a Senior Security Analyst at WeTransfer you will be part of the team that is responsible for helping to build a persistent, positive, and most of all sustainable security culture. We believe in a security culture that is less about jumping down people’s throats than it is teaching them how to improve. You will perform a key role in our security efforts on strengthening our defensive security capabilities both on our internal/corporate as well as on our production environment. We are looking for someone that has deep technical knowledge but can also strategically lead internal security projects.
What you’ll be doing
You will work on key projects and initiatives throughout the organization and you will collaborate closely with stakeholders across teams. You will have to coordinate with colleagues across the organization to drive an effective implementation of our initiatives. A collaboration across teams is needed and engineers from IT/Data/Platform/Product will participate in the technical implementation. The Senior Security Analyst will act as the leading actor from the Security team and will have to drive and manage the projects in collaboration with other teams. You will aim to solidify the security controls in place, expand them and deepen our visibility so that we are able to detect and react against possible misuse cases or indications of compromises. We operate in a flexible model where we combine custom internal solutions with commercial products or managed services. Hybrid solutions where we actively collaborate with external vendors are also in scope.
Amongst other things, you will:
- Expand our log analysis capabilities focused on security test cases
- Maintain and improve our vulnerability management program
- Work with Threat Intelligence collaborative initiatives
- Research and suggest technical solution for detecting malicious content
- Actively participate in Red/Purple Team exercises
- Use a combination of manual and automated tools to proactively analyze various data
- Participate or lead incident response procedure by analyzing, resolving and reporting security incidentsPropose and implement new security measures and policies
- Provide data-driven insights to improve security tools and controls.
- Conduct security assessments
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience with log analysis and SIEMs (e.g. ELK, Splunk)
- Extensive experience in incident response/SOC, in writing procedures and runbooks
- Strong understanding of Cloud infrastructure and experience of incident response in cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of IT fundamentals across networking, system, and application layers
- Ability to lead complex projects and establish collaborative relationships with different teams
- Ability to define and build new custom technical solutions that will improve our security posture
- Ability to translate and communicate complex technical matters
- Relevant certifications such as GCIH, GFNA are considered a plus.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us:
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can’t wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.