Oddball (51-200 Employees, 148% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced security engineer to help improve and build out a security infrastructure for veteran facing applications and products.
What you’ll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers architecting and implementing security and identity solutions. You will be working closely with leadership to implement security guidelines, features, and functionality within a government environment that will shape the way Veterans and caregivers access critical data related to benefits, medical history, online scheduling, and a host of other services. Your guidance will drive the direction and format of identity management for veteran facing applications and products and will include communicating architecture choices to other team members and government leadership.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- 7+ years experience in cybersecurity
- 4+ years working knowledge of DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, and application containerization
- Experience with DoD Cybersecurity and NIST guidelines
- Extensive experience understanding, leading and implementing engineering efforts against technical IAM architecture designs
- Experience in Security Operations Center practices
- Extensive experience in taking program requirements and creating an architecture vision with experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems
- Integrating security and IAM products in mid to large enterprises.
- Expert knowledge in IT, service-oriented architectures, software development life cycles, or information security platforms and applications
- Experience deploying or securing a cloud infrastructure or platform
- Detail oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills, and is able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best solution
- Self-starter who can come up to speed quickly. Works with little direction and supervision, makes time for unplanned assignments, and adaptable to changing priorities
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize assignments in accordance to program goals
- Team player who must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team
- Ability to obtain VA Medium-Background Investigation clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Identity Lifecycle Management
- DS Logon
Must be located within the US
This is a salaried role. Oddball does offer tech and a continuing education stipend.