AccuWeather (501+ Employees, 3% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who We Need & What You’ll Do
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Backend Technologies, the Senior API Software Developer will be responsible for the developing and maintaining the integrations with AccuWeather for Business and Consumer products including our web and mobile applications. Leveraging a deep understanding of C#, .NET Core, .NET Standard, SQL, and API development, this position will work cross-functionally with Development, Product and other groups, in an Agile-based development environment, to deliver best of breed experiences that cater to a global audience.
Who We Are
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
- Develop functional, efficient, and well-structured code, and test artifacts
- Design, develop, and maintain modular features and products
- Leverage server-side technology to build scalable, secure web applications, APIs, and data transformation applications
- Work closely alongside Product and SMEs to develop robust, backend, application code to serve front-end interfaces, integrate with billing systems, and manage user accounts
- Prototype, test, and iterate upon new features
- BS/BA in related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in related field – OR – MS/MA and 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Highly proficient in programming languages / platforms such as C#, .NET Core, .NET Standard, SQL
- Self-driven; strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent collaboration, reporting, and analytical skills
- Experience building scalable, secure, efficient application structures
- Displays a high level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and inter-departmental challenges
- Understanding of unit testing frameworks and tools
- Experience with version control systems and CI/CD processes (Git, Mercurial, SVN – Jenkins, Azure DevOps, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based architectures (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Strong understanding of security principles, standards, and conventions
- Experience with distributed systems or microservice architectures
- AccuWeather will consider remote candidates in the following US States: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MN, MO, NE, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY
More About AccuWeather
AccuWeather’s innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.