Arcules (51-200 Employees, 14% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Arcules is changing the video surveillance market and moving customers to a smarter, more reliable cloud-based solution. Our company is a technology spin-off from Milestone Systems in Denmark, both Arcules and Milestone Systems are Canon Group companies. We are targeting mid-market enterprises looking to interconnect their business locations. Our technology brings video and smart building elements together and our analytics help customers make more informed decisions. Our go-to-market strategy leverages systems integration companies to get our solutions to end customers.
Arcules is a US based company with headquarters in Irvine, Southern California. We are establishing a development team in Copenhagen, Denmark and are looking for candidates in Denmark and Sweden. We are open to remote work for this role.
Overview of the Job
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional team environment with other engineers as well as product managers, architects, UX designers and operations teams to deliver a top quality cloud based solution using Agile methodologies. You have an aptitude for backend development and can take a leadership/mentorship role in the development team.
You will get an opportunity to be part of an innovative international team that strives to change the way the world looks at cloud based video surveillance and you will work on a modern solution using technologies such as
- Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Helm, TerraForm, Docker
- SQL, NoSQL, graph and time series databases
- Large scale micro-service architecture with high availability
- High volume real time data flows
- Camera, IoT and access control device integrations
- REST API’s, MQTT, WebRTC, WebSockets and 3rd party integrations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or Science with at least 7 years of software development experience
- 7+ years experience with programming in Node.js, Java, Python, Golang or C++
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- VMS or security industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Working proficiency in English