Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics – all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Senior Software Engineer on our APEX team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
APEX is defining the future of Dell Technologies – and the APEX Console is the central pane of glass for delivering all APEX offers to our customers. It’s a singular orchestration platform across the company for our customers to engage with Dell Technologies.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to drive the design and implementation of APEX’s cloud security features, architecture and capabilities. The ideal candidate would be a hands-on technical expertise and a team player who believes in building trust with our customers and has a passion for embedding security into the core foundation of the next-generation cloud-based IT infrastructure.
- Design and develop cloud-based security capabilities, focusing on Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data Encryption and Protection, Network Security, and Cloud Platform Security.
- Research emerging security technologies and propose innovative, cutting-edge solutions to improve APEX security posture and capabilities continuously.
- Develop functional and design specifications to support product requirements
- Develop component-level test plans and automation to validate security functionalities
- Help foster teamwork and collaboration. Guide by example to help build a winning engineering culture
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5-8 years of extensive experience in software development, using web APIs and languages such as C++, Java, Python, and Rust, with 3+ years in the security domain
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing cloud security capabilities with AWS, GCP, OCI and/or Azure
- Expertise in Identity and Access Management (IAM), Encryption, PKI, CI/CD Security, security Logging, and monitoring
- Knowledge of distributed systems, networking, and database fundamentals
- Experience with VMware/Hyper-V, Kubernetes, and container-based environments
- Self-motivating and ability to drive technical initiatives with limited direction
- Critical thinking skills and able to change conventional approaches to solve problems in a fast-paced environment. Curiosity about new security technologies and concepts
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 20th August 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.