Airbyte (51-200 Employees, 886% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Airbyte is the open-source standard for EL(T). We enable data teams to replicate data from applications, APIs, and databases to data warehouses, lakes, and other destinations. We believe only an open-source approach can solve the problem of data integration, as it enables us to cover the long tail of integrations while enabling teams to adapt pre-built connectors to their needs.
Within just 18 months, we’ve built 150+ connectors and we’ve had 15,000+ companies syncing data with us. We’ve raised $181M from some of the world’s top investors (Benchmark, Accel, Altimeter, Coatue, Y Combinator, etc.) and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let our product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales engine with cold calls.
Airbyte is on a mission to make data accessible to anyone with a web browser or terminal. To this end, we’re currently focused on enabling building highly reliable connectors with minimal effort and zero incidental complexity, Exposing a large catalog of high quality connectors, and Cultivating an open source community of connector developers.
We are passionate about data, open source, our community and scale!
What You’ll Do
- Identify & lead projects to multiply developers’ leverage: a week-long task this year should be a ten minute process next year
- Pioneer the creation of new patterns, tools, and frameworks for building connectors
- Build new source & destination connectors
- Embed or rotate into the platform teams to execute on cross-cutting projects
- Drive and participate in major architectural initiatives
- Engage with our community on Slack, pull requests, or events to cultivate and serve a thriving community
- Put the user front and center when delivering projects
- Contribute to and help shape the connectors team’s roadmap
What You’ll Need
- A user-centric approach to building products and developer tools
- You enjoy building abstractions & tools which multiply output
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement (both at a personal and team level)
- 4+ years of engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience working in data engineering, analysis, or data science
- Proficiency in Java or Python (proficient in both? Hit the apply button)
- Non-zero experience with Docker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Excitement for working with an open source community
- Belief in our values
– Fully remote flexible work environment – we don’t look at when you log in, log out or how much time you work. We look at your output and we trust you; it’s the only way remote can actually work.
– Unlimited vacation policy– we need you at your best at all times. Our expected minimum time off lets you schedule your work around your life.
– Co-working space – most of our team enjoyed the WFH life but if you prefer to work from a co-working space, we will cover the full monthly cost.
– Parental leave (for both parents) – so you have time to adjust to the new life (and work) schedule introduced by your new bundle of joy.
– Travel With Purpose – we are a fully distributed, 100% remote-friendly team, however, we recognize the value of in-person time. We will pay for round-trip flights, hotel, transportation, and food on weekdays for you to visit our headquarters in San Francisco, or other members of your team around the world.
– Open book policy – we will pay for books you purchase for your professional and career development.
– Continuous learning/training policy – we sponsor you for the conferences and training programs you feel would add to your development in the company.
– Competitive benefits package for US-based employees, including:
-Blue Shield or Kaiser Medical Insurance
-Dental & Vision Insurance
-Life and AD&D Insurance
-Long-term Disability Insurance to offer extra peace of mind, especially while we find ourselves in a global pandemic
–Healthcare insurance for those whose countries do not provide it for free.
–Mental Health Support for all team members provided via Spill.
–401k for US-based employees.
–Sponsored visas for employees in need of them.
Airbyte is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Airbyte is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.