WeTransfer (201-500 Employees, 71% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
⚠️ Please don’t mind of the location, we can hire all over Europe!
About the role
This role is at the core of WeTransfer’s growth. Your initiative will fuel cross-functional projects and develop new features to complete our platform and products. You’ll both be engaged in enhancing our existing architecture and in building your own. You’ll be supporting product and engineering teams, and connecting with the senior leadership team.
What you’ll be able to impact
- By writing scalable application code and following best practices of accessibility, internationalization and instrumentation, you’ll make our products even better than they already are (and even mentor some colleagues while doing so).
- By building relationships in- and outside the engineering team, you’ll deliver software that’s performative and high quality—just how you’d like it to be.
- By keeping an eye on industry trends you’ll influence the team’s choices around technology and you’ll guide strategic decisions.
- You’ll be a subject matter expert on technologies—with the ability to take a vague problem from one of our customers and turn it into a project you feel accountable and deliver a solution for.
- With your proactivity and team-player-skills you’ll handle working with colleagues in different time-zones, and you’ll contribute to making our fast-paced and complex technical environment a more flexible and adaptable (plus fun!) space.
What we are looking for
- A proven track-record in delivering robust and scalable applications by following all the best practices.
- You have experience with cross-browser and cross-platform development, and are aware of the constraints that apply when doing that.
- Your knowledge of algorithms and design patterns is solid.
- You are well versed in test automation, from TDD, to unit, integration and functional testing.
- You are familiar with open source UI frameworks.
- You have a keen interest in building CI/CD pipelines.
- And last but not least: you are fluent in English (did you ever try to explain one of your projects to a non-technical person, and because you were able to break it down so easily they actually got it? That’s what we are looking for!)
If you’d like to collect some bonus points
- You have practical experience in developing applications using microservices, container technologies and container management systems such as docker.
- You are familiar with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics.
- You have some experience working in utility computing and/or the cloud computing domain.
- You already collected skills building and deploying applications into cloud environments.
- We use Ruby and Go, experience in these languages is welcome but not a must.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don’t come to the office more than 2-3 per week – since that wouldn’t be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.