Trimble (501+ Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Software Engineer – Front End (Vue) – REMOTE – US ONLY
If you’ve ever used SketchUp, you know it’s special software: 3D modeling that’s easy to learn, intuitive to use, and accessible to everyone. Try it out for free at app.sketchup.com. A multiplier for SketchUp, is the 3D Warehouse, https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/.
As a member of the engineering team focused on 3D Warehouse, you will be a key member of a web team dedicated to advancing the existing technology and providing our current and future users a seamless extension to the SketchUp family of products. You’ll be working to both refine and grow our existing application and help us take everything to the next level. We’re looking for someone who is highly skilled, motivated, collaborative — and pretty low-key about it all. You should already have some experience building single page, responsive, customer-facing sites using some of the most recent front end technologies. You are ready to help lead the team, perform code reviews, lean into architectural discussions, and you have an interest in staying abreast of the constantly changing technologies of the internet. Finally, you have a ‘quality-first’ mindset, are a proponent of automated unit and e2e testing, and you’re excited to roll up your sleeves for the next big challenge.
About SketchUp, a Colorado startup all grown up
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between. We support a healthy work/life balance and high-quality standards for the software we create.
About Trimble, our parent company
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Our core technologies in spatial positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability in design, architecture, and construction.
- Vue.js (Vue2 & working knowledge of Vue3), Vite, Vuex, VueRouter, css/scss, responsive design, and basic working knowledge of Typescript
- Single-Page-Application architecture and performance requirements
- Collaborate with developers on our team and on other teams
- Work with Product Management and UI/UX to spec features and with QA to help test your code
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested and code reviewed
- Perform design and code reviews that guarantee code quality
- Follow our current coding and review standards
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid foundation in developing client applications (preferably at least 5 years of experience)
- Understanding of API/Services for front end integration
- Interest in conceptualizing UIs and working with UX designers
- Be able to mentor more junior engineers
- Familiarity with common commercial software development best practices
- Familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, and design documentation
- Have sharp attention to detail and openness to critique through code and design reviews
- AWS infrastructure experience
- Tailwind, Cypress, Jest
- Experience in SAFe / Agile development environment
- Python experience
- Java, backend development experience
- Scrum/Agile development
- Automated testing tools
- Familiarity with SketchUp and visually creative industries like architecture, interior design, landscape design, or woodworking
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
Trimble provides the following compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that it in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position. This compensation range is based on a full time schedule. Trimble reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Trimble offers comprehensive core benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Time-off plans and retirement plans. Most of our businesses also offer tax savings plans for health, dependent care and commuter expenses as well as Paid Parental Leave and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D
How to apply
REMOTE in US ONLY
Apply at company website: https://www.myworkday.com/trimble/d/inst/15$392530/9925$19844.htmld