PROSPER / Prosper Marketplace (201-500 Employees, 22% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and credit card. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
About Our Technology Team
We are aggressively growing our Technology team to support our various financial products. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation.
Diversity expands opportunities
Collaboration creates better solutions
Curiosity fuels our innovation
Integrity defines all our relationships
Excellence leads to longevity
Simplicity guides our user experience
Accountability at all levels drives results
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
- We are aggressively growing our engineering team to support our various financial products, including a new product to be launched this year. We are seeking motivated software engineers to work on our interdisciplinary scrum teams, building large scale systems at Prosper Marketplace. The ideal candidate is passionate about learning the Fintech domain and delivering cutting-edge, high-quality solutions to solve business problems. We utilize a progressive, test-driven, Agile development methodology that places a high premium on communication, teamwork, sound design and clean implementation. Technology versatility is a critical success factor for our team. The ability to stretch beyond one’s specialty by learning new technologies fast and contributing to the team’s goal is highly valued. Prosper’s team culture encourages teamwork and development of well-rounded engineers who have a holistic view of the problems and solution designs. Above all other factors, we are looking for smart, determined candidates who want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity as we develop and define the peer-to-peer lending marketplace! We currently have multiple openings within our Engineering department. You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with a solid team and will be provided autonomy and career growth. We are looking for strong frontend engineers at all levels, to help continue to grow our business.
Technologies we use: React, Java script, Angular
Problems You Will Solve
- Build performant and user friendly and interactive cross platform web applications that help our customers achieve their financial goals
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Leverage tools such as A/B testing, analytics, HEAP, Optimizely and SEO to increase customer acquisition and enable traffic to target user
- 5 + years of experience building web applications
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a optimal solution
- Deep understanding of cross browser, cross device, and web speed considerations
- Solid coding practices, including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Experience in developing RESTful services using Spring Boot, Java frameworks preferred
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Experience building high traffic consumer applications, or customer acquisition funnels
- Experience in Authentication and Authorization solutions
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people’s lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
California applicants: please click here to view our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Notice for Applicants, which describes your rights under the CCPA: https://www.prosper.com/plp/legal/privacy-notice-for-applicants/
At Prosper, we’re looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medicalu200bu200bu200b condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.