Karat (201-500 Employees, 56% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Technical Content team
Our Technical Content team is committed to the creation and testing of questions that are a part of the most predictive and fair technical interviews available to software engineering candidates.
What you will do
As a Senior Software Engineer – Mobile Interview Content at Karat, you will help Karat develop best-in-class technical interview content in the domain of mobile development by authoring new questions and serving as the arbiter of qualify on all content within this domain. You will also meet with clients, working with their mobile teams to talk through how Karat’s assessments work, helping them to understand what signal they’re looking to capture from the interview process.
- Author, test, and validate technical interview questions to assess the most important domains in data science across all levels of seniority.
- Serve as a domain authority on new mobile assessment content crafted by other contributors in the development pipeline, and provide feedback on improvements.
- Ensure the performance of mobile content in Karat’s library, ensuring it reflects up-to-date technologies and best industry practices.
- Investigate and innovate on new types of interview formats to make Karat’s mobile interviews predictive, fair, and enjoyable.
- Collaborate with Karat’s client partners, including hiring managers and software engineers to understand the hiring signal required for client roles; provide advice on what content is needed to create and gather that signal.
- Establish the feasibility of producing predictive models from available data to meet specified product requirements on the content team.
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years of experience in an industry mobile development focused role developing mobile software products
- Experience developing for both iOS and Android
- Experience with interviewing and hiring for industry mobile development roles
- Several years experience developing mobile software products
- Deep understanding of mobile OS and native mobile apps
- Experience with Kotlin/Java or Objective C/Swift
- Experience with React Native, Zamarin, and Flutter
- Expertise in mobile development concepts
- Experience with — and a knack for — communicating technical work to partners
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are considering individuals based in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].
Karat is an E-Verify company.