Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
As a software engineer on the Payments team, you will help build the Payments Platform services and infrastructure that securely move money for Square. You will be involved in the technical details of building available and reliable services while also working with product teams to allow Square to rapidly make new capabilities for our merchants and buyers all over the world.
- Work with engineering, product, and other partners to build clean software.
- Develop modern APIs that integrate several surfaces with server backends.
- Drive engineering of well-designed, reusable and secure systems to promote payment acceptance and secure Square customers.
- Promote engineering best practices and help determine a technical road-map for the team.
- Focus on operational excellence to bring fault-tolerant systems allowing teams to move fast without negatively affecting our customers.
- Raise awareness and promote the use of new authentication mechanisms within Square and beyond.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in delivery of complex high-scale software solutions
- Eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others
- A willingness to collaborate and grow as an engineer
- Enterprise experience with JVM languages (Java, Kotlin)
- Experience working in the payments industry
Technologies we use:
- Java, Golang, Ruby
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.