Podium (501+ Employees, 69% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
Our frontend stack is React with our back end in Elixir/Rails and PostgreSQL. We are looking for self-driven people who are creative problem solvers, that learn quickly, and can thrive in a fast paced environment with little guidance. And we care about your career growth. We try to assign projects that will help each team member develop into a more well-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future. Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We are a good mix of new and experienced engineers, creating the perfect environment for you to both mentor and be mentored. We all enjoy helping each other grow through 1 : 1 mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
What you should have:
- 4+ years in a professional software development environment
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current frontend and/or backend systems
- Strong ownership and drive to launch services
- Strong Frontend Experience and Practical experience with Micro frontends
What we hope you have:
- 6+ years working as a full stack engineer in a hyper growth SaaS company
- Experience with Web sockets
- The passion to mentor your peers and be a problem solver
- Strong experience with algorithms, data structures and code
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with GraphQL and/or Apollo Client
- Frontend, backend, machine learning, or full-stack experience
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Transparent culture
- Remote first work setting for Engineering & Product
- Great opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- One time work from home setup allotment
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.