Taulia (201-500 Employees, 47% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Taulia’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
It is our duty to create and advance a diverse and inclusive company where all Taulians feel they are celebrated. All individuals are welcomed, free to express themselves and rewarded for showing up as authentically every day. By hiring women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, people of all sexual orientations and from underrepresented and marginalized communities, Taulia will revolutionize fintech.
About the job:
At Taulia, software engineers are at the core of our engineering culture. As a senior software engineer, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible with our technology platform to new levels through technical leadership, mentorship and cross-team collaboration.
You will contribute on a daily basis to our SaaS platform by building highly scalable software systems and services that help our customers gain access to cash right when they need it most. You will become part of a high-performing, motivated team where every member is always willing to step up and help each other to grow.
Taulia is looking for a senior software engineer who:
- Is excited to work in a high-velocity, agile startup environment.
- Can contribute elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy and Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey and more.
- Is ready to step up to do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our global cloud platform without waiting for assignments.
- Is willing to lead by example and inspire others to achieve their best. Improve productivity and protect a high level of delivery execution.
- Keeps things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience working as a contributor on large scale, high-volume systems.
- Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in the cloud. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, distributed transactions, load and various stakeholders without getting frustrated.
- Experience with TDD methodologies and expert level understanding of the software development lifecycle in an agile environment.
- Expert level knowledge with Java, and knowledge with at least one more object-oriented programming language.
- Deep experience developing low-latency scalable micro-services and APIs that are orchestrated in our Kubernetes cluster of our constantly evolving micro-services landscape.
- Familiarity with event and messaging-based architectures, and related technologies.
- Experience optimizing data access at middle-tier/back-end services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
- Comfortable being monthly on-call, to work through production issues while focusing on problem resolution.
- You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, and love automation: continuous integration, automated testing and deployment are all old hat to you.
Nice to Have:
- You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Cassandra, MySQL, Redis, Jersey, Spring, Spring Boot, Apache Camel, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Jenkins.
- Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
- Experience mentoring other software engineers.
What will get you noticed:
- Experience with capacity and performance optimization using data caching techniques.
- Experience with event/messaging based architecture using Kafka/ActiveMQ.
- Expert knowledge in transaction handling and database optimization.
- Experience writing high-performance algorithms.
- Experience with large-scale system design.
- Experience with BPM Workflow Engines.
- Demonstrated passion for open source projects.
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote-friendly environment
- Competitive Compensation (Annual Base Salary, Annual Bonus, Equity)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Comprehensive PTO Structure (PTO, Sick Leave, Bereavement)
- Global Parental Leave
- Company issued equipment (Laptop, monitor, etc.)
- 401k with match
- Career Development/Pathing
- EAP Program/Mental Health Advocacy
- Supportive Work Culture
Taulia is a fintech provider of working capital management solutions headquartered in San Francisco, California. Taulia helps companies access value tied up in their payables, receivables and inventory. A network of more than 2 million businesses use Taulia’s platform to determine when they want to pay and be paid. Taulia processes more than $500 billion each year and is trusted by the world’s largest companies including Airbus, AstraZeneca, Nissan and Vodafone. For more information, please visit www.taulia.com.
Taulia is an Equal Opportunity Employer –Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team.