Elastic (501+ Employees, 58% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business-it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.
The Elastic Ecosystem Engineer is a high-growth role that will have a sizable, immediate impact on Elastic and the entire ecosystem. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of partners and customers, from well-established Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups.
The focus of the role is evidence of Elastic’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem. The Elastic Engineer represents our capabilities to the ecosystem, communicates our technical strategy, enables our vision, and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Establish trusted, professional relationships with key leaders both in Elastic and with partners to build a deep understanding of the business.
- Provide pre-sales support, technical product and architecture advice, on-going communication of the latest Elastic solutions in a co-sell motion alongside our Elastic sales teams.
- Build readiness plan and proactively identifies learning gaps. Grows domain knowledge and practices expertise by communicating with customers, partners, and senior colleagues to expand knowledge of the Elastic Stack.
- Shares ideas, insight, and strategic-technical input with ecosystem community using knowledge of Elastic solutions and their context in the competitive landscape.
- Consult on and contribute to channel program strategy, campaigns, programs, and communications designed to scale channel outcomes.
- Ensure customer satisfaction
What You Bring Along:
- A track record of success in a technical presales role– enough experience selling and implementing technology to earn your customer’s trust.
- Adept at getting things done in an environment with ambiguity but also lots of opportunity
- A demonstrable ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms, software, and technologies. Understanding of the architectural principles for cloud-based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS and automation.
- A history of successful customer relations where you developed an understanding of what made a difference, and devised architectures that helped meet a goal, tackle a problem, or outpace competitors.
- Exceptional program management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and interact at multiple levels and different stakeholders such as Enterprise Architects, Technical Architects, Offering Managers, Directors, VP’s, and CXO’s.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- A willingness to travel 30% within region, as well as occasionally internationally.
“Once I started, I was blown away to realize, what was always so obvious, everything is search. Anything you do with data involves search, every app needs search, even analytics are about search. Daily I am blown away with the types of things our users and customers are doing with search.” Director of Product, Elastic.
Why this team?
“We question the status quo, debate the best ways to accomplish our goals and hold ourselves and our teams to the highest standards of performance. We take pride in our ability to understand our customers needs and make recommendations that are based on extensive global experience across multiple use cases. We learn from our mistakes and losses and celebrate our successes with an eye towards constant improvement. Join this team if you are up for a compassionate, understanding and fair environment where you can really grow into the next phase of your career.” VP WW Solution Architecture, Elastic
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave