Mezmo (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the Role:
We are building the next generation of the data pipeline. We are taking our success in Log Analysis and Log management with over 2000 customers and building upon it.
As a Solutions Engineer at Mezmo, you will be an integral part of our engagement with our prospective and existing customers. You will be integral in helping us build and shape our product direction; you are the voice of the customer and the person whom our customers are most inclined to collaborate with and trust.
The ideal candidate will have a solid mix of technical acumen, especially in cloud-native and the proliferation and challenges with data, alongside demonstrated success engaging and interfacing with prospective and existing customers.
The SE role is a critical function at Mezmo in their ability to effectively communicate the “why” of what we’re building, whom we are building it for, and the impact of what we are building.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engaging with our prospective and existing customers and gaining a better understanding of their challenges and pain points.
- Conduct product demos that tell the story of how Mezmo helps potential customers understand the impact of our platform
- Develop a deep technical understanding of our product and communicate value for a variety of use cases
- Have a strong grasp of product alternatives and which customer personas are best suited to our solution
- Contribute to the creation and update of product & field enablement materials
- Be one of the primary Interfaces into our product teams by collecting and providing feedback to help inform our product strategy and roadmap.
- Participate in company webinars and conferences as needed
- Work with our marketing department to create scalable assets that support Sales and Customer Success
What We’re Looking For:
- You are naturally curious. You are willing to dig into problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- You’re a builder; we know we don’t have all the answers and you’re willing to be a key part of helping us find those answers.
- You have the ability to build relationships based on your knowledge of the ecosystem as well as your understanding of not only Mezmo, but other products in the market.
- You can relate to practitioners/users all the way through key stakeholders and decision-makers
- You default to actionability and specificity.
- You have verbal and written communications skills. You are able to articulate the “so what” in everything you do.
- You understand modern deployment paradigms and technology offerings.
- You have a can-do attitude. You default to rolling up your sleeves.
- Excellent presentation skills with confidence presenting to IT and up to C-suite
- Experience with highly technical products, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment
- You understand how to engage your audience, whether in person or over Zoom/Web Conference.
- 3+ years preferred in Sale Engineer/Solutions Engineer/PreSales
Mezmo is on a mission to empower people who build solutions that shape the world. We’re doing this by delivering a platform that enables enterprises to get more value from their observability data in real-time, regardless of source, destination, use case, or scale. We’re not the only ones working on this problem but we have a few things the others don’t.
- We’re cloud-native and know how to make the most of modern technology like Kubernetes.
- We have scaled a solution from zero to petabyte-scale in a short amount of time, while supporting thousands of active users across multiple environments.
- We are hungry for change and are surrounded by enterprises telling us they’re hungry, too.
- We have a kick-ass group of people who are thinking about the problem analytically and are excited to change the observability world for the better.
Mezmo has helped some of the world’s most innovative companies transform how they manage their systems and applications. Still, we know that we can help them get more value from their observability data by providing more flexibility and control over how they use it. This will enable teams to spend less time switching between data silos so they can focus on shipping better, more resilient, and secure products.
We have momentum on our side. Last year we saw triple-digit revenue growth and added 800 new customers to our roster. Recent accolades include being named to YC’s Top Companies, CRN’s 10 Hottest DevOps Startups, and EMA’s Top 3 Observability Platforms.
What it’s like to work at Mezmo
At Mezmo, our culture is everything. We have an inclusive, collaborative, and fulfilling work environment so that our teammates can tackle some of technology’s biggest challenges. We hold the prestigious Great Place to Work badge and have won the Fortune Best Small and Medium Workplace award for the last two years in a row. Join us if you:
- Want to solve hard problems.
- Want to enable Mezmo’s customers, partners, and community to be highly productive and successful.
- Thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments.
- Enjoy jumping in where needed to help the whole company succeed.
- Take your role, but not yourself, seriously. At Mezmo, we know that pride, humility, and kindness are not mutually exclusive.
- Receive competitive compensation.
- Receive competitive benefits, including:
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your family.
- 100% dental coverage for you and your family.
- 100% vision coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible time off. Work-life balance is valued here and we encourage you to take the opportunity to recharge.
- One company-wide mental health day off per month in addition to all nationally recognized holidays.
- $600 annual remote work expense reimbursement in addition to hardware setup provided by the company.
This is a full-time remote opportunity. Mezmo is a remote-first company that was born in the San Francisco Bay Area and now has employees in 71 cities in North America and 8 countries worldwide. Learn more about our culture and how we stay connected on our website.