Clover Health (501+ Employees, 63% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance team is responsible for managing the overall SOX program at Clover. The team coordinates cross-functionally to support company-wide goals and initiatives relative to SOX compliance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our team as a Senior SOX Analyst focusing on Clover’s business process controls. As a Senior SOX Analyst, you will play a key role in the overall project management of Clover’s SOX Compliance program and report to the Senior Manager of SOX Compliance. You are a resourceful, independent, and proactive leader who can partner with control/process owners to manage the Company’s SOX program. You have strong project management skills and a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You bring passion and ability to build productive working relationships with management, team members and external parties.
As a Senior SOX Analyst, you will:
- Support Clover’s commitment to SOX compliance and assist the Senior Manager, SOX Compliance in the overall execution of the SOX program.
- Develop a deep understanding of Clover’s business process controls and Information Technology (IT) general and application controls to better manage the overall SOX process with both internal and external auditors and other parties as needed.
- Review and provide feedback to control owners on adequacy and sufficiency of control documentation.
- Understand SOX scoping methodology for Clover, monitor any potential scope changes due to new guidance, financial statement line items, IT systems, etc. and communicate any potential changes in scope to the Senior Manager of SOX Compliance.
- Liaise with consultants and external auditors, manage SOX-related audit requests, and help to evaluate, monitor, and resolve findings.
- Align with control/process owners on the expected risk within their functional area(s).
- Coordinate efforts across the organization to ensure deadlines are met.
- Communicate with control/process owners to drive internal control awareness and accountability across the organization.
- Provide ongoing internal controls and policy coaching to control/process owners.
- Assist with maintenance of Workiva (SOX Compliance software), including uploading required control documentation and monitoring quarterly certifications.
- Utilize Workiva to monitor overall testing status using necessary reporting functionality that will inform Company-wide necessary communications.
- Escalate potential issues and guide control/process owners through remediation of any deficiencies.
You will love this job if:
- You are motivated, take initiative and are proactive, and are a team player.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You excel at project management and have skill in prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You are a continuous learner and aim to enhance existing and create new processes.
- You enjoy coaching and have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years auditing experience, including SOX experience, that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices, as well as Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
- You have a minimum of 1 year healthcare plan experience, preferably Medicare Advantage.
- You have experience working with Workiva or similar SOX compliance software.
- You have expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Google suite.
- You have a CPA certification.
- You have at minimum a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or 5 years equivalent experience.
- You have Big 4 public accounting experience (preferred).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.