SureSwift Capital (51-200 Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About SureSwift Capital
You made it. You found the dream job you’re looking for where people and culture come first. If that’s as important to you as it is to us then please keep reading.
At SureSwift, we’re building the company we want to work for, and we’d like to give you the opportunity to join our fully remote team of 160+ people in 16 time zones around the world.
While we do work hard, we all work remote, and according to our own schedules that make the most sense for ourselves and our families. There are no cubicles, no offices, and there is zero commute time…unless you decide to work from the beach or a coffee shop, and that’s up to you.
We value creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and are committed to building a culture where everyone thrives! SureSwift Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are searching for a detail-oriented Senior Staff Accountant to perform accounting duties within our organization. The Senior Staff Accountant’s responsibilities include performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. You should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized and be able to work in a remote environment independently.
Your Daily Challenges
When we welcome you aboard we’ll introduce you to your team, which consists of the VP of Finance, Controller, Senior Payroll Accountant, and Senior Financial Analyst. These are the people you’ll work closely with day-to-day.
Once you get settled in and learn more about the team, your day to day activities as a Full-Time Senior Staff Accountant will look something like this:
- Record monthly revenue and banking transactions
- Prepare standard monthly close entries (Prepaid expenses, amortization, accruals, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of documents for annual audits
- Manage the processing of departmental mail and inbound finance questions
- Manage Accounts Payable and process payments, including recurring subscriptions
- Review filings of state sales tax returns and supporting documents to ensure compliance and balance returns to general ledger
- Report to the Controller and work to improve financial processes
- Performing variance analysis and preparing account reconciliations
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the finance team or with other departments
Your Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- 3-4 years of professional accounting experience<
- Familiarity with accounting software and programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- A high degree of attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams
The compensation varies with experience and qualifications. This is a remote / work-from-home position.
Background checks will be conducted on final candidates.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity.