Arkose Labs (201-500 Employees, 149% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Arkose Labs is a fast-growing startup, backed by Softbank, Microsoft and Paypal, that is disrupting the fraud industry with an innovative approach that undermines the economic drivers behind fraud. The Arkose Labs Fraud and Abuse Prevention Platform combines real-time intelligence, rich analytics and adaptive step-up challenges to progressively diminish the profitability of attacks while adapting to evolving attack patterns. Arkose Labs offers the only fraud solution with a 100% SLA guarantee. The world’s largest brands trust Arkose Labs to protect their customer journey while delivering an unrivaled customer experience.
Learn more about Arkose Labs from our innovation sandbox presentation at RSA: https://youtu.be/Fyhr_ZuveLM
We are looking for a Senior Technical Leader with expertise in Data Storage and Data Infrastructure. Handling massive volumes of data for Arkose’s platform needs is a Critical area and we are looking for someone who is an area expert and hands-on in evolving our data strategy and design to the next level. Arkose has a wealth of valuable data that can be used to drive highly differentiated product features.
- Play a key role in defining the data strategy, architecture and design. Partner with Engineering Managers to create an execution plan and influence execution..
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flows for the various product needs.
- Influence design decisions around schema and interfaces with the goal of enabling standardization while focusing on the application efficiency.
- Develop database solutions to store and retrieve application and business information, optimize new and current database systems, and define security and backup procedures
- Encourage change, especially in support of data engineering best practices, and maintain a high standard of excellence
- Install and configure information systems to ensure functionality
- Research and properly evaluate sources of information to determine possible limitations in reliability or usability
- Coordinate with the Application and Data Science department to identify future needs and requirements
- Evangelize and build tools to enable data-as-a-service and centralized source of truth for product and business needs
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- 5+ years of production experience in designing, creating and maintaining data driven business solutions and solving big data problems using a wide variety of technologies and modern architectures
- Proven work experience in Data Architecture, Data Infrastructure Engineering & Data Visualization Engineering or similar role.
- Experience implementing and maintaining distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at Million+ of QPS and in batch and real-time
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skill, and significant SQL experience, preferably around analyzing Big Data datasets
- In-depth understanding of NoSQL and SQL database structure principles
- Experience in Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, Relational Database Service (RDS), and Amazon Redshift
- Strong knowledge of programming languages/tools, including Python, Spark, SQL, DBT, BI Analytics
- Excellent communication skills, able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Experience in Apache Kafka, or Amazon MSK is a plus
- Experience in Cassandra, Aerospike, Scylla, Amazon DynamoDB is a plus
- Experience in data lakes, or data warehouses, such as Databricks, Qubole, Amazon EMR, is a plus
- Experience with ETL and ELT technology, such as Fivetran, Hightouch, Airflow, is a plus
- Experience with ML technologies like TensorFlow, Pandas is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
Why Arkose Labs?
Join an early stage, fast growing startup with pioneering technology built by passionate and ambitious people.
Work with some of the biggest names in the market, such as Microsoft, Paypal, EA, Github, Twitch, Roblox, Twilio, and Minecraft!
We value your unique contributions, perspectives, and experiences. Be part of a diverse and high performing environment that prioritizes collaboration, excellence, and inclusion. We hire the best, focus on their professional development, and offer support for continuing education.
- People – independent thinkers making data-driven decisions and taking project ownership
- Teamwork – building trust, respect, and integrity to openly communicate and constructively challenge one another
- Customer Focus – customer empathy and problem-solving obsession
- Execution – actions with precision, professionalism, and urgency
- Security – our lens for implementing processes, procedures, and programs
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Robust benefits package (90% of medical, dental, vision, and life insurance paid by the company and 75% paid for dependent care)
- Home office setup assistance
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All employees of Arkose Labs are required to comply with its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, which includes individual vaccination requirements for U.S. in-office attendance and/or travel to any U.S. company-sponsored events. If any travel or in-office attendance is a required part of the position to which you are applying, you may be required to provide evidence of your vaccinated status as a condition of accepting employment with Arkose Labs.