Okta (501+ Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Location: Remote within the US or Canada
Okta is looking for a talented Senior Product Designer (you!) who shares our passion for bringing simple, yet powerful product experiences to our enterprise admins. Okta’s vision is to “accelerate a world where everyone can safely use any technology”. We bring simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere, promising to not only protect the identities of our customers’ workforce and users, but to ask, “what more can we make possible?”
Which is where you come in! As a Senior Product Designer for Okta, you’ll work with a globally distributed design team to apply your craft and expertise on a range of products and services. Our culture provides the opportunity to explore the technologies we’re researching and investing in. Some of your work will be functional, practical user experience design, where you will help our design team drive cohesive user experience across Okta’s portfolio of products. Other work will be speculative, generative explorations that you carry out in collaboration and partnership across the organization to flesh out, frame, and help prioritize solutions in an ever-evolving and complex, often ambiguous, problem space.
The Finer Print
You will help drive user experience strategy and execution for our Workflows & Extensibility Platform, whose vision it is to enable teams to easily and securely deliver any identity scenario by automating data and action across their applications. As a member of the Workflows & Extensibility team you will work on products that help IT Admins, developers, and other Okta customers integrate their applications and automate identity processes.
You’ll work alongside a Principal and Associate Designer, and you will report into the Sr. Design Manager for the domain area.
In This Role, You Will
- Contribute to and drive a holistic, human-centered approach to design
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering to take products from concept to launch
- Design and facilitate co-creation design workshops with Product Management, Engineering and Design to define opportunities within our products to solve valuable customer problems
- Craft user-centered artifacts and end-to-end journeys to align teams/spheres contributing to Workforce Identity Management around the broader user experience
- Collaborate with other Okta designers, including Visual and Content Design, User Research, and Design Ops, to ensure consistency across interface experiences across different user scenarios
- Challenge teams to think bigger and act smaller, instilling an iterative process and fail forward mentality to design simple and delightful user interfaces for new and existing Okta products.
- Advocate, mentor, and educate on the benefits of design thinking to product teams and new designers alike; partnering with UX team members to uphold our principles and standards
- Find creative ways to continuously learn from customers and users; Research and synthesize user needs to help conceive, define, test and evolve solutions for our users across a range of mediums and experiences; Advocate for users and delivering user and customer outcomes in a dynamic work environment
- Bring a systems-thinking lens to the conversation
- Present work, concepts, and new ideas to cross-functional team members, adjacent teams, and senior leadership; working to distill complex technical problems into clear, conceptual models and simple, elegant solutions.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
Who We Are Looking For
- You are passionate about upholding design UX principles to help teams deliver cohesive and quality user experiences.
- You build and share empathy with people in order to deeply understand them and their needs.
- You are a thought leader, undertaking explorations into new technologies and territories while also delivering practical designs in a fast-moving product-driven context
- You are someone who sees design as a partner in shaping strategic and operational product and UX outcomes; comfortable owning all stages of design for multiple teams within a given product area.
- You are passionate about supporting teams with a wide variety of experience, backgrounds, and interests.
- Your portfolio will show that you’ve worked on complex and challenging technical projects across all aspects of the design process (conceptual design, interaction design, information architecture, and visual design)
- Degree in related field or relevant work experience as a UX designer.
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and / or similar design tools.
- Can provide a digital portfolio that showcases solid skills across a variety of projects, including work that has been seen and used successfully in actual products. (Portfolio link required when applying.)
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $103,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.