6River / 6 River Systems (201-500 Employees, 108% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
6 River Systems mission is to redefine fulfillment automation for e-commerce and retail operations.
6 River Systems is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power winning warehouses of the future. We’re revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and cloud-based software.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer at 6RS, you will build flexible, scalable software solutions to support customers with moving merchandise as quickly as possible. In this new position, you will design, develop, test, and improve end-to-end solutions for warehouse automation.
- Develop new features across multiple domains (browser, cloud, and bots) as we build:
- Performant, resilient, horizontally scalable back-end web servers
- Real-time views of orders, inventory, and overall efficiency
- Efficient workflows for collaborative robots driven by behavior trees
- Create scripts and data migration plans to integrate with existing frameworks and databases
- Work with a squad of 4-6 awesome Software Engineers, embedded QA, and a Product Manager to build end-to-end solutions
Here is what you’ll need day one:
- Scrappy, yet thoughtful approach to problem solving
- Practical experience designing and developing scalable software
- Interest in working with a variety of technologies, including:
- PostgreSQL Databases
- Object Oriented Programming (SOLID)
- Knowledge of:
- Relational databases and data modeling
- Networking (HTTP)
- Microservices Architecture
- Docker, Kubernetes, GCloud
- Interest in behavior trees and real-world applications for robots
- Commitment to rigorous testing and validation (we write lots of unit tests)
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.