SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
US – Remote
WA – Seattle
CA – San Francisco HQ
MT – Helena
UT – Murray
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join the SoFi Lending team who will help build a cutting-edge technology platform for automating our loan origination, validation, and approval processing. You will be part of a team that is empowered to make technical decisions.
On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing new functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. We interact heavily with product owners, data science, and risk analytics to deliver solutions which allow us to lead the market in making decisions and moving quickly. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying, continual improvement and evolution. You’ll face and solve a wide range of challenges: technical, product, and operational, shaping your personal growth and career along the way, as well as using your areas of expertise to grow the capabilities of the rest of the team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development and testing of our systems and services
- Participate in shaping the technical architecture of the product
- Help translate product requirements into user stories and technical solutions
- Deliver highly available and scalable services in a production environment
- Mentor other engineers, support the technical culture, and help grow the team
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years programming experience, ideally on a modern stack
- Our core stack is Java/ Kotlin/ Spring / PostgreSQL/ React, and we run on Kubernetes in a service oriented architecture with over 100 services in production
- 2+ years Java, Kotlin or Scala programming experience
- A proven understanding of relational databases and ORMs
- Experience working on a SOA or microservice-based application.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Solid sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment, refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
Nice to have:
- Interest in personal finance
- Experience managing your own investments or experience taking out loans
- Experience scaling highly available, mission critical systems
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.