ServiceNow (501+ Employees, 54% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Senior Support Account Manager
ServiceNow’s Support Account Management (SAM) team provides a proactive and customized support experience for customers that require a higher level of engagement than ServiceNow’s standard level of Customer Service & Support. Support Account Managers are post-sales resources who serve as single points of contact into ServiceNow’s Support organization. The SAM ensures our platform and applications can support customer business goals and helps prioritize the support activities needed to keep their solution healthy. Our team helps preparing for upgrades, planning major changes, and helps customers effectively manage their ServiceNow platform.
The main objectives of the SAM include:
- Advocacy – Understanding of and focus on the customer’s ServiceNow platform and application goals
- Management – High-level oversight/escalation point for the customer’s ServiceNow Case, Problem, and Change records
- Coordination – Facilitation of major changes and activities within the customer’s ServiceNow instances
- Reporting – Agreed upon and regular service management reporting and analysis
This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered.
ServiceNow is seeking highly motivated and professional individuals to join our team and play a critical role in delivering world-class customer satisfaction. In the role of Support Account Manager (SAM), you will be a member of a highly skilled team focused on a select set of high profile, strategic customers whilst delivering high quality service. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving cross-functional teams to ensure customer issues are clearly identified and resolved effectively.
As a SAM, you will coordinate a high-touch support experience for our largest and more strategic customers. The SAM will be delivering both proactive and reactive services and act as a central point of contact for all support related activities. Working as a ServiceNow and a customer advocate, the SAM helps coordinate activities to ensure timely resolution of customer cases and problems. A SAM provides regular communications by conducting service reviews, providing operational summaries, and driving status updates on all open high-priority cases. A SAM should be comfortable presenting to all levels, including C-Level stakeholders.
What you get to do in this role:
- Use industry leading software management tools to proactively identify potential degradation of service issues to mitigate and/or resolve business impacting events for customers.
- Deeply understand the customer’s business strategies, challenges, and IT landscape. Possess the ability to deliver business value by aligning ServiceNow solutions to address the customer’s short and long-term support needs.
- Understand and explain ServiceNow application, features, and benefits as it relates to customer needs.
- Offer exceptional customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring ServiceNow’s reputation is protected.
- Partnering with the customers assigned counterpart on a frequent cadence with the intention of continually moving the relationship forward.
- Ability to maintain credibility and trust through action and responsiveness within your designated customer accounts.
- Drive regular scheduled customer conference calls and customer meetings to ensure the continual flow of information with timely updates on all open cases, changes, problems, and on-going projects.
- Facilitate summary status reports, including monthly performance reviews and quarterly service reviews.
- Act as the mediator between customers and ServiceNow with reference to mandatory upgrades, patches, and security requirements.
- Manage, document and report on performance against service level agreements (SLA’s) and where SLA’s are not being met document and oversee an action plan that will result in meeting and exceeding those commitments routinely.
- Drive continual improvement for the customer and their environment through trend analysis and partnering with the internal account team to be a champion of change.
- Review open cases, problems and changes communicating aligned priorities to assigned ServiceNow teams to ensure a timely response and resolution.
- Act as an escalation point for customer impacting business critical issues.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
The successful candidate will have experience in a high-tech environment, working with companies with large IT organizations utilizing ITIL best practices in complex, global deployments. Your experience should also include a successful track record in support management applying strong project and task-management abilities to meet your customer deliverables. You are a creative problem solver who can lead internal teams in solving a customer issue.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language
- Account management experience
- Fundamental understanding of ITSM in large organizations
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
- Working knowledge of ITIL incident, problem and release management process and procedures
- Ability to effectively work with tight schedules and fast paced environment to minimize problem impact on the customer
- Ability to work cohesively within a global model
- Broad technical understanding in a cloud software environment
- Have a growth & collaborative mindset
- Experience with ServiceNow will be considered an advantage
- Experience dealing with technical support teams
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Experience in Project Management capabilities and principles
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.