Reis Informatica Inc. (11-50 Employees, N/A 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Reis Informatica Inc. is a leading Canadian-based IT managed service provider. We provide end-to-end IT solutions to support existing and growing business needs for clients across Canada. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company that is looking for a skilled Infrastructure Engineer / Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our company.
This role’s duties include, but are not limited to, supporting, monitoring, and maintaining Reis’ Canadian clients and internal networks and IT infrastructure. The successful candidate will be the third line escalation point for the more complex IT issues, as well as lead and manage cloud-based solutions. This role will serve as an expert subject matter in his/her domain and provide guidance and assistance as needed.
This position requires a candidate that can operate independently in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with members of the Network and Infrastructure team, and with other teams to identify and meet their needs in a collaborative, agile environment. We are looking for a curious, excited, boundary-pushing team member.
The role is REMOTE based and is a full-time permanent position.
Reis Informatica is a Managed Services Provider that has been helping Waterloo Region and Southwestern Ontario businesses manage their IT for over 14 years. We specialize in translating technology into business sense. We support our Canadian clients with our offices in Kitchener/Waterloo, Lisbon, Portugal, Malaysia, and Brazil for true Follow-The-Sun, 24/7 support. We also have our very own Cyber Security Company focused on keeping our clients safe on the internet.
From the board room to the server room, Reis Informatica offers peace of mind so that businesses can focus on what they do best. We are a team of people with different strengths and backgrounds that work together to make a positive impact on the lives of our clients, community, & each other.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This role is primarily to handle escalations but as mentioned will be asked to handle some projects as well
- Own and manage customer-specific and corporate-internal incidents/issues and see problems through to resolution, this will include troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve issues.
- Be a third-line escalation point for the customer’s need as part of the standard and designated support and/or projects. Participate in the on-Call rotation schedule for after-hours L3 Issues.
- Track & monitor customer status and identify both areas of concern and growth opportunities.
- Implement adequate monitoring tools, policies, and audits.
- Develop and improve infrastructure and application performance monitoring and alerting systems.
- Document detailed information regarding the technical issues, maintenance, and troubleshooting efforts relative to product configuration.
- Provide support for the Reis teams by troubleshooting and resolving software, pipeline, and infrastructure-related issues with an eye to automating those issues away.
- Provide guidance and help resolve escalated issues related to security, backup, and redundancy strategies. Educate technical staff on security best practices.
- Explore and evaluate new and emerging software tools, technologies, and practices.
- Contribute to the ever-expanding Knowledge Base on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced Support Engineer Level3/T3 – Required.
- Minimum 6 – 8 years of progressive IT experience working in a complex environment with many distributed sites
- University/College degree in a relevant field of study (Computer Science/Engineering/Systems). Technical certifications/Training (A+, Network+, CCNA, MCP, MCSE, ITIL, etc.) is an asset
- Must have expert working knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows server environments, concepts, and technologies
- Expert working experience with a Cloud, SaaS technology provider is an asset
- Expert knowledge and understanding of security protocols and standards
- Expert knowledge and understanding of networking environments, concepts, and technologies
- Experience in a managed desktop environment (Scale, VMware)
- Experience in a virtualized environment (Scale, VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Wireless technologies (Cisco, Meraki, Fortinet, HPE-Aruba, Ubiquity)
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on System Admin, Networking, Servers, and Cloud services (Azure, Office 365) are required.
- Proven excellent troubleshooting abilities and passion to dive into complicated technical problems in real production environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to identify issues, plan and suggest the best solution within the right context to address them.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a passion for working with customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
- Team player. Ability to work with people (clients and internal staff) in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A self-motivated mindset to drive results, proactive, and with a sense of ownership.
- Open-minded and willing to learn and improve.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours, as required.
- Direct Reports: None
What we bring to the table (Benefits)
- Extended Health Benefits offered
- Professional certification exam costs
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Regular company events, team building activities, & company serving opportunities
Lastly, we are a diverse group with people from various stages and phases of life – this means we get it; things happen – life happens. We do our best to make sure everyone feels heard and that we treat everyone with the respect they deserve. If this sounds like the team for you – apply now!