Amazon (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Unified Authorization is responsible for securing customer and corporate communication across all of Amazon. Whether it’s the retail website, Alexa, or Kindle, we ensure actors are authenticated and authorized to take the requested action. Every aspect of Amazon’s business interacts with our systems, including enabling the next generation of retail services on AWS infrastructure. As a global security provider, we’re at the intersection of resiliency, availability, and the need to move at agile internet speed.
You are an experienced technical program manager who can work closely with product management and other business partners to define strategy and requirements, and help lead teams from concept through delivery and subsequent operation. You have regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. You have excellent listening, writing skills and very strong technical competency. You’re a thought leader, but you don’t just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by leading team to build the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for quality and passion for design and architecture.
As the ideal candidate you will be experienced in working closely with a team of software development engineers and have a proven track record of working on complex software solutions using an agile methodology. You will have the ability to dive deep into the understanding of problems in order to help your team make the right decisions for the product and the business. You will have a proven track record of working across organizational lines. You will also be a strong communicator and will have proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations.
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry (experience owning a program/product/feature, scoping requirements, planning milestones, project management and working with technical teams)
- 5+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules
- Experience writing documentation and presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Math or related field
- Proven analytical thinking, skills in metrics creation and project management, attention to details, and exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- High level familiarity with auth protocols (e.g. ssh, Kerberos, OAuth, OpenID Connect, TLS, etc.)
- Experience with the SCRUM methodology for agile software development preferred
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and help engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $148,700 – $201,200_yr. however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $163,600 – $221,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the New York City Human Rights Law. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.