Squarespace (501+ Employees, 33% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Squarespace is the all-in-one platform for websites, domains, online stores, marketing tools and scheduling.
Squarespace is known for our award-winning design, innovative user interfaces, transformative use of modern technologies, and the teams that power it all behind the scenes. Our Recruiting team’s mission is simple: we find and hire the exceptional engineers to help us transform the future of online publishing.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter who will partner directly with hiring managers across a diverse set of teams, including: Web Design, Product Frontend & Backend, Mobile, Machine Learning, Data, Infrastructure, Site Reliability, Security, and more.
You will use your expertise of the market and your creativity to source, evaluate, and close top technical talent. By connecting candidates to Squarespace’s core values and product vision, you will be a driving force in building the premier technical team creating the future of the web.
This position reports to our Team Lead, Technical Recruiting and can be based remotely in the United Statesin one of our approved states(see application question below).
- Develop and execute hiring strategy for top engineering talent.
- Provide an efficient, high-touch experience for every candidate from application to offer, acting as candidate advocate, evaluating skill level, and driving the interview and offer processes.
- Build high-trust, advisory relationships with hiring managers and interviewers alike; facilitate interviewer training courses, req opening kick-offs, and candidate debriefs.
- Develop a deep understanding of Squarespace’s culture, product, strategic direction, and competitors, and use this knowledge to craft compelling messaging to potential candidates.
- Proactively source candidates through a variety of methods (i.e., digital, social media, events), building a consistent pipeline of talent for high priority and hard-to-fill positions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategy, objectives, processes, culture, and skill needs of the hiring teams that you support; use this knowledge to co-author effective job descriptions, craft recruitment strategies, and communicate with candidates.
- Align with the interview team to ensure efficient preparation before and during the interview process.
- Recommend, negotiate, and close offers, selling Squarespace’s compensation philosophy, culture, unique impact of their role, and what differentiates us from talent competitors.
- Be a Squarespace ambassador in all facets of your role, delivering a compelling view of our employer brand, as well as a uniquely memorable candidate experience.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (i.e., HR Business Partners and hiring teams) to ensure alignment on the specifications of each role and the requirements of each interview process.
- Work with Engineering leadership and our Recruiting Operations team to optimize and evolve our hiring processes and practices as we scale beyond 1,200 employees.
- Maintain clear and consistent records in our applicant tracking system. Utilize your attention to detail and process rigor to become a trusted partner to internal People team stakeholders to ensure reporting accuracy and a stellar new employee onboarding experience.
- 5+ years of experience with full-cycle recruiting and a track record of success within technical recruiting (either agency or internal)
- You’re an excellent sourcer and can spot the not-so-obvious candidates
- Current with the latest engineering trends, frameworks, programming languages, and libraries
- Experience educating and selling candidates on equity compensation vehicles, including: RSUs and stock options
- Experience hiring candidates with visa sponsorship requirements; solid understanding of visa sponsorship types and limitations. Bonus points if you’ve built teams in Dublin!
- You enjoy speaking with people of varied experience levels and backgrounds, and have partnered with experienced and brand new hiring managers.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen eye for detail.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.