Uptycs (201-500 Employees, 192% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Uptyc’s is actively looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineering candidate who is passionate about technology and customers, and will focus on post-sales technical support: providing expert product advice to customers, reproducing issues with the product, and helping to ensure our customer implementations are successful. You will understand the Uptyc’s Security Analytics Platform and processes at all levels, as well as customer environments across heterogeneous operating environments. Candidates must have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the desire to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and interest in working in a fast-paced, high-growth, learning environment.
What You'll Do
- Act as the technical focal point for customers, partners and internal teams, investigating and analyzing complex customer scenarios and providing innovative solutions for their needs
- Serves as customer liaison with internal Uptycs stakeholders to ensure needed customer feedback is adequately documented and assessed by internal parties.
- Handle incoming supports calls/emails of existing and onboarding customers under defined SLA’s
- Finding creative solutions, possess out-of-the-box thinking to unique problems, and are capable of thriving under pressure
- Contribute and utilize internal technical expertise, including development engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Collaborate with Product and R&D teams to ensure Uptyc’s Security Analytics Platform is designed for supportability
- Maintain a list of known issues, workarounds, and planned fixes in order to contribute to our ever-growing knowledge base
- Create knowledge base content and systems to capture new learning for reuse throughout the company and user base.
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy and maintain the Uptyc’s platform.
- Take ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution or escalation.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Exceeds customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience providing technical customer support
- Experience supporting cyber security solutions
- Proven experience with Linux, Windows, Bash, and Python
- Prior hands-on work with cloud environments (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success, in a fast-paced, highly technical environment.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to reproduce product bugs, record actions, and work with engineers on a resolution
- Outstanding analytical and organizational abilities.
- Ability to remain calm, composed, and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Knowledge of databases – Postgres and Elastic
- Search queries – An advantageStrong client focus and collaborative work style
- Service-oriented approach with strong client-focused skills, able to process and explain technical information in various levels
- Experience supporting security applications such as AV, VPN, Firewall, and proxy.
- An eye for detail and a hunger to master and/or improve the systems you work with every day
Uptycs builds best-in-class cloud security products that leverage lightweight tools, built on open source software, to collect everything that can help detect, understand, and mitigate a wide variety of security problems. We run on laptops and cloud workloads, monitor Kubernetes and serverless containers, analyze AWS/GCP/Azure configuration and CloudTrail events, you name it. We feed it into a cloud-based security analytics platform that provides comprehensive visibility, threat detection, posture management, remediation, vulnerability management and compliance tracking. We analyze petabytes of data, process millions of events per second, and run a control plane that enables continuous scanning for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and APT malware on all major cloud providers and hundreds of thousands of macOS, Linux, and Windows endpoints.
Uptycs enables security professionals at companies such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company's entire attack surface.
Uptycs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.