Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
As a Senior Technical Strategist, you will help scale and fuel the tremendous growth at Nav! Using your technical expertise, you’ll leverage market trends to develop scalable hiring practices and generating pipelines to bring in top technical talent. Our Talent Advisors work with leaders across the organization in both tactical and strategic capacity: understanding and providing high-quality talent that will drive business goals, while simultaneously implementing best-practices in talent management that can sustain the company’s growth over time. Innovators wanted!
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Owning full cycle recruitment across various domains, as we build and scale Nav across the U.S. This role is both strategic and hands-on, as you’ll develop and implement the end to end recruitment strategies both internally & externally.
- Developing and maintaining successful external/internal technical recruiting programs that build brand awareness and consistently provide a pipeline of diverse talent for each group.
- Represents Nav’s brand to prospects, selling the organization as well as setting appropriate expectations with the candidate regarding the process.
- Builds relationships/networks with prospects with the primary focus on lead generation and to develop their interest level in company opportunities.
- Creates talent mapping, market availability, analysis as well as our competitive landscape. Partnering with hiring managers and recruiters to outline a comprehensive strategy based on this information
- Designs and executes all the recruiting related programs to create the best possible experience from the start of the employee journey (awareness to onboarding), including things like: candidate experience, sourcing, assessments, metrics, interviewing techniques and training.
- Implementing people strategy models to identify employee competencies, critical experiences and talent gaps. Analyzing the information and developing specific programs to fill the identified gaps that will prevent us from scaling and growing the business.
- Being an influential partner for people strategy in support of technical leaders. You will collaborate with leaders to execute strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. This role will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations and insights that improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
- Build a robust network of top talent, gains market intelligence and assess candidates to gauge talent alignment for a specific role and or program area..
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current technical landscape, scaling in Fintech, Saas, Tech, or Ecommerce environment, highly desired.
- A reputation for being exceptional at technical candidate generation, client/account management, are highly organized, effective communicators, possess the ability to prioritize, push back, and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, all while being highly customer focused and collaborative.
- Success in creating impactful candidate experience, employment branding, and diversity recruitment strategies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, facilitation and presentation skills with individuals at all levels, including executives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of full life cycle technical recruiting including, sourcing, qualifying, selection, networking, negotiation and relationship management.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Creative and innovative thinker, ability to approach opportunities and generate ideas that inspire exciting outcomes.
- Collaborative; team player who can influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization & in the business community. Ability to attend remote and/or in person events that may be outside normal business hours.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards employee-centric innovation.
- You enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad scope that can be at the epicenter of our initiatives.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You are curious and try new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute again.
- You have great organization skills and the ability to manage heavy workloads with multiple tasks.
- You are comfortable delivering feedback and coaching up, down and to the side.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen – you find the intersections between business & talent strategy
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL.
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities. Pet Insurance.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.