Dell Technologies (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior UX Researcher
The Senior UX Researcher will partner with our product teams as the advocate and storyteller for our users and their challenges. You’ll be partnered with a collaborative team of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers that is focused on improving the experience for a global community of cybersecurity professionals. You’ll guide and inspire your collaborators by planning and conducting a variety of strategic and tactical research to produce actionable insights.
The right researcher in this role excels at conducting generative research to map out a new problem space and can also contribute to agile prototype testing to inform in-the-weeds product decisions.
You’ll join a growing UX Research and Design team that is building the future of cybersecurity tools. Come join our team and contribute to the quality of cybersecurity for a global community of professionals and all of the people they safeguard.
As a Senior UX Researcher, your main objectives will be:
- Plan and conduct a variety of research that directly informs the product development process for your partner product teams
- Leverage a variety of tools and channels to recruit and coordinate participants for your research
- Communicate research findings in an actionable and compelling way
- Grow the UXR maturity of the organization through cross-functional mentorship and evangelization
- Contribute processes and practices to improve the operations of the whole UX Research team
- 5+ years of relevant UX Research experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct exploratory and generative research that informs innovation for technical products
- Ability to select, plan and conduct a variety of research methodologies to generate valuable insights across the product lifecycle. (Methodologies including but not limited to contextual inquiry, surveys, moderated and unmoderated prototype testing, usability testing)
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops to enable diverse stakeholders to understand and incorporate research findings into their work
- Strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to travel to conduct field research (assuming at some point travel becomes a thing again)
- An academic background in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or a related field OR equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in one or more other disciplines of UX Design such as: Information Architecture, Wireframing, Visual Design, Interaction Design, Writing, or Prototyping,
- Experience working with Agile development teams
- Experience with UserZoom, Pendo.io, or Figma
- Knowledge of cybersecurity.
Secureworks (A Dell Technologies Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Secureworks here .