Human Interest (201-500 Employees, 434% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Human Interest offers easy and affordable employee retirement plans.
Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Design helps our users through one of the most important — and longest — journeys of their lives: the path to financial security. From in-product graphics to intuitive iconography and illustration, design is a key tool to guide our users through what can otherwise be tough, hard-to-navigate decisions. You will be responsible for bringing a high bar of quality to the look and feel of digital experiences and how they’re represented across platforms.
What you get to do every day
- You will be Human Interest’s internal brand ambassador and evangelist – in other words, you will help set the design quality bar, in collaboration with Design, Product and Engineering, through our principles and design system.
- You will help evolve the visual direction for our brand identity and visual design system that aligns with our business strategy and mission.
- You will be at the forefront of major design and brand initiatives across Product and Marketing.
- You will design and produce high quality, on-brand, digital design elements and materials that support our product, marketing, performance media and campaign success efforts.
- You will work closely with our partners in Marketing, Sales, Product, Ops, and beyond to define and align our creative work with company-wide business initiatives while ensuring cohesive execution across all brand touch points.
What you bring to the role
- You have 5+ years of experience shaping and developing visual systems for brands and digital products, including collaborating across multiple teams/stakeholders.
- You’re a self-starter with an inclination to take initiative and ownership of assigned projects and initiatives, and drive for results.
- You’re an inspiring communicator that represents creative work, builds trust and influences alignment of our creative vision across the organization.
- You have a strong ability to provide clear creative direction and lead both designers and agencies through the creation of impactful work.
- You have exceptional visual design expertise and strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of brand development: typography, layout, color, information visualization and brand systems.
- You have a strong ability to prioritize work across short and long-term projects.
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of best-in-class creative solutions that you’ve led and developed (please link a personal website or portfolio and don’t forget to include your password!).
- Deep knowledge of design tools Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, etc. Bonus points for experience working with platforms like Unbounce!
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We’re proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe it’s the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.