The world is changing at an accelerating rate. But we cannot take in the information fast enough, let alone make sense of it. We are fundamentally limited by the speed at which we read and write — the speed of human thought. The challenges facing decision-makers today require a radically new technology.
Primer is at the forefront of the natural language processing revolution. Our artificial intelligence platform is capable of reading text at a rate of millions of documents per hour, extracting information and updating a knowledge graph of billions of entities. It is capable of answering natural language questions and generating the first draft of natural language analytical reports in seconds. Our mission is to empower our customers by vastly reducing the cost of curiosity. What once took days of research can happen instantly.
Our customers include some of the world’s largest corporations, financial institutions, and government agencies in the world. You can learn more about Primer’s technology and the problems we solve at our blog, as well as in recent media coverage of our work.
As a Primer Services Data Engineer, you will be part of the Go-to-Market (GTM) team supporting the services team during post-sales activities. Post-sales activities include but are not limited to product onboarding, security, architecture, business integrations and support of the contract during the implementation / execution phase. Engineers are responsible for the successful maintenance of our platform by those customers, so a passion for working with people and helping them utilize our platform to the fullest in a must! Through close collaboration with our Data Science team, you’ll be assisting clients with operationalizing models and moving them into production.
In addition, you will further promote the democratization of ML/NLP by allowing customers to take advantage of practical ML/NLP model creation working closely with our sales and data science teams. You will work hand-in-hand with Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering to deliver early successes on onboarding and implementations for our clients. You will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make Primer customers successful. You will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from systems architecture to ETL flows, security, cloud computing environments, and more. You will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Primer’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only take proof-of-concepts to production but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
This role provides an immense opportunity for growth and expanding knowledge in data science. Your goal – to build the machines that can tell stories to anyone in the world.
The organization: Services
The Services team is a jack-of-all-trades organization that serves as a key interface between individual clients and the broader Primer organization. Our charter is: (1) work closely with clients to discover the best use of Primer’s NLP/NLG algorithms for their needs; (2) prototype new algorithms, data pipelines, and visualizations; and (3) channel client feedback and algorithmic learnings back to Primer to drive future product development.
- Investigate and deeply understand the technical requirements of prospects and customers and scope solutions to mitigate deployment, data-related, or workflow obstacles
- Conduct data exploration and build data ingests utilizing APIs and other methods
- Develop automation scripts for data extraction, transformation, and QA in consultation with subject matter experts
- With minimal oversight, work with various stakeholders across the business to lead development of limited prototypes applying Primer’s technology to customer data
- Lead technical post sales implementation process for numerous customers day-to-day from initial meetings through execution
- Partner with Sales, Solution Architects, and Customer Success to ensure customer engagement and ultimate success during the onboarding and implementation process.
- Develop and maintain protocols to systematize processes for future work
- Work closely with teams across the company to prioritize and execute high impact projects
- Partner with Customer Success Managers and Sales Engineers to ensure a seamless handoff at the end of successful sales cycle
- Marry deep customer expertise with your knowledge of Primer’s suite of products to influence marketing, product design, enhancement, and deployments
- Conduct data analytics & modeling, define business metrics, and develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day and long-term decision-making
- United States citizenship is required for this position as a result of contractual requirements with the United States government
- 5+ years of SaaS/PaaS services experience with a minimum of 2-3 years within a post-sales customer-facing environment.
- Strong Python programming skills
- Broad range of experience in NLP/ML
- Knowledge of distributed systems, databases, and ETL workflows
- Working knowledge of AWS tools, including S3, EC2, and SQS. Bonus for Azure and GCP.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to think about solutions from a customer perspective
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical customers
- High level of accountability and the ability to execute on multiple and competing projects and deadlines
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and a strong focus on delivering the best possible client experience
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and generalist audiences – you will be the face of Primer to customers’ organizations
- Bonus for hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Elasticsearch and/or experience in the financial services and pharma sectors
What we Offer
- Rapidly growing company, with opportunities for career growth
- Compensation in the form of Salary + Incentive Stock Options (ISOs)
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Smart, engaged co-workers who are at the top of their game
- Honest and open environment for exchange of ideas
- Real customers with global name recognition + healthy sales pipeline
- Proactive learning and teaching opportunities via individual book allowances, tech talks, and brown bag lunches